Revelations - Part 2

Buckys pov

A few days later Clint and I are taking Rose to Laura. As we walk of the jet I turn to see Rose hanging back 'all will be well doll' I say walking over to her, wrapping my arms around her. 'I'll miss you' she says quietly 'we can call' I say 'okay' Rose says. 'Let's see mama' I reply holding my hand out for her to take.

I place my arm around Rose's waist as we walk towards the house, 'we will be okay doll' I say smiling down at her 'you are safe' I tell her reassuringly. 'BUCKY!' Turning towards the house I see Cooper and Lila running towards us. On reaching they both jump on me knocking me to the ground 'we've missed you' both of them say smiling 'I've missed you both too' I reply smiling up at them, the sound of laughter gets our attention, looking to my right I see Rose laughing. 'Is that funny doll?' I ask looking up at her. When she nods I reach out with my vibranium arm pulling her to the floor.

Clints pov

I walk up to the house to meet Laura who's waiting for me 'hey love' I say smiling as I pull her into a hug, 'hey clint' she replies returning the hug. 'How is she?' Laura asks 'getting there, I think. She struggled after we found out she can't read, bucky doesn't know she can't write' I inform her. 'Didn't she begin learn at school?' Laura asks 'she did but with what Hyrda did to her memory she most likely forgot, she said she feels useless' I inform her. 'I will help her whilst your on your mission, I have everything ready'.

Our attention is caught by laughter, turning we see Bucky on the floor with Cooper and Lila on top of him, Rose is laughing to the side before Bucky pulls her down into the hug. 'She looks happy' Laura smiles at me 'she does, it's the first time I've heard her laugh for a while' I confess 'Bucky cares so much for her, he has done since they first met' I admit.

'Hey Mama' Rose smiles at us 'Hey Rosie, I've missed you' Laura says 'I've missed
you too mama' Rose replies hugging Laura. 'Let's get you inside' Laura say leading her inside, I watch as Bucky picks up her bag following us inside.

Rose's pov.

James and I head into our room here, pushing the door closed he places my bag on the bed before walking over to me smiling. 'I'm going to miss you doll' he says wrapping his arms around me, wrapping my arms around him I lay my head on his chest breathing in his cologne. His cologne is one thing that ensures me I'm safe, it's addicting almost as I miss it when he's away. Gently he begin to sway us side to side smiling down at me he places an gentle kiss on my forehead, 'I'm going to miss you so much James' I say looking up at him, 'ill message you when I can, you have fun with your family' James smiles at me.

It soon came time for him and papa to leave, walking with them both to the door I hug papa saying goodbye, 'I love you James' I smile at him 'I love you too doll' he smiles back pulling me into a hug 'stay safe' i plead looking at him 'I will doll, I'll come back to you' he smiles, we share one last hug before him and papa walk off to the jet 'they will be home soon' mama says pulling me into a hug 'we will have a good week' she smiles at me 'love you mama' I smile at her through tears 'love you too Rose' she replies hugging me. After watching the jet fly off into the distance I head back to my room to unpack my clothes.

On opening I find a bear with a note attached,

'Hey Doll

Just wanted to let you know you mean the world to me, I know you'll miss me like I will miss you.

I also know how my cologne allows you you to feel safe, which is why I'm giving you this bear which I've sprayed with it.  You can cuddle up with it, even if I'm not with you in person I'm always in your heart as you are in mine.

I look forward to hearing all about your week

Love you always

James xx'

I hug the bear 'your a real romantic james' I smile to myself, placing the bear on the bed I unpack the rest of my bits.

Over the course of the week Mama helps me with learning how to read and write, whenever James or papa are on a long mission I'll be staying with Mama to carry on, papa will help me at home too.

Like the past few nights I say night to Mama before heading to bed where I climb in cuddling upto my bear from James.

Buckys pov

'How are feeling? Ready to see Rose?' Clint asks me 'I am, I've missed her.' I reply. We worked on our mission reports on the jet 'why don't we get back to the compound, change and head to see our girls.' Clint says 'I'm sure Rose will love waking up with you by her side' he smiles at me 'I'm sure Laura would with you' I smile back. I've been getting on really well with Clint and I'm able to talk to him about how I'm feeling or anything to do with Rose.

Quietly we walk into Clint house, 'night Clint, see you in the morning' I say quietly 'night bucky' he replies. As I enter our room I see Rose fast asleep cuddling up to the bear I gave her, smiling I climb in pulling her close falling peacefully asleep.

I wake up first to see Rose sleeping peacefully facing me, I smile at how relaxed she looks. 'Jamie?' I hear her say softly as she looks at me blinking 'hey doll' I smile 'I'm here' I add gently stroking her arm. 'How?' She asks 'came last night after we got back' I smile at her, 'Fancy a cuddle?' I ask 'yes please' Rose replies moving into my open arms.

Rose's pov

I slept peacefully during the night, when I woke up I saw James smiling at me, I was confused as he was on a mission. 'Jamie?' I ask looking at him blinking, 'hey doll' he smiles at me 'I'm here' he says stroking my arm 'how?' I ask 'came last night after we got back' James informs me, 'Fancy a cuddle?' He asks 'yes please' I reply moving into his open arms.

'I've missed you' I say looking at him 'I've missed you too doll' James replies 'how was your week?' He ask 'it was good, getting there. Bits are coming back but still have to practice' I confess, 'I'm here for you if you need help' James offers 'thanks Jamie' I smile at him.

After having breakfast with Mama and Papa were we talked about the week I left to go pack my bag. I had everything on the bed putting each item in, I still had the bear sat on the bed smiling as I look at it I feel a pair of arms snake round my waist. 'I missed you doll' I hear James say 'so much' he continues as he kissed my back, 'I missed you too Jamie, thank you for the bear' I say turning smiling at him, wrapping my arms around him rest my head on his chest 'it was so thoughtful of you' I add. 'Rose are you ready?' I hear papa shout 'almost' I shout back causing James to chuckle 'what are you chuckling at?' I ask hitting his arm 'your relationship with papa' he says smiling 'I love it'  he smiles 'come on let's finish packing, Steve missed you' he tells me as he begins packing my last few bits. 'Here doll' he says throwing me the bear 'thanks Jamie'  I smile. Taking my hand we walk to meet papa who is standing by the door with Mama 'bye mama' I say hugging her 'bye Rosie, see you soon' she says returning the hug.

Buckys pov

'STEVIE!' Rose shouts as soon as she spots him 'ROSIE!' He shouts as she runs to him, jumping in his arms he spins her round 'I missed you' she smiles at him 'I missed you too' he smiles back. I smile at their interaction, Rose see steve as an older brother. 'Hey punk' he say as I walk towards them 'hey pal' I smile back.

A few days later Tony declared a pool day as it was so hot, I saw Rose grabbing her book she's been learning to read before leaving our room. Changing into my swim short I pull on a tee picking up our towels to go and join her.

'Hey Punk' a voice behind me says, turning I see Steve walking behind me with a bag of items 'hey pal' I smile at him  'ready for a pool day?' He asks 'I am, Rose has brought her book' I tell him. We are walking through the door when something happens causing me to drop the towels.