FIRST DAY IN SCHOOL PART 3

MIKES POV
I walked along the corridor behind the principal still receiving weird glances from some of the students, because of this I didn't rise my head but rather I hang them like I was showing submission to someone maybe the students.

After walking for about 3 minutes we finally got to the English class and the principal introduced me too the English teacher who introduced himself as Mr. Wellson with a faint smile on his face. The principal then left me saying"in one week time I would blind in and get to know how things worked around the school". Just as the principal left the students began to show up for the class so apparently I wasn't late, I was grateful to God for that. I sat at the second role behind the first desk and watched as all students began to fill the chairs. To my surprise,the person who sat right beside me was Elizabeth, the girl I met when I was looking for the principals office, I was very glad, but I couldn't say that about her either, she pretended like she didn't know me and I was a little hurt by her actions. I taught she said we were friends?
Just when I decided to start a conversation with her, the teacher told me to introduce myself to the entire class so I stood up and shyly said"my name is Mikes, Mikes Peterson, right after I introduced myself I heard someone at the back of me saying" how did the janitors son get to study in a prestigious school like this, I taught they were meant to clean and mob the floor". The whole class roared with laughter. I was embarrassed I wish then and now the earth would open and swallow me. In a monotone I replied by saying" I am not the janitors son", the same guy replied by saying " then how did you get enrolled in such a school like this" I answered saying that" I am on scholarship". I heard some of the students murmuring as we were about to begin the subject. I was very grateful and took my sit starring at Elizabeth but just turned her head away from me ignoring me as if we haven't met before.
The class went by quickly with a little bit of reading and I could tell the students weren't interested in the subject like I was

It's was soon time for lunch, so I headed towards the cafeteria to grab my lunch. I was still grateful to Elizabeth dough, because her map was helping me alot, soon I found the cafeteria and went for my food. It's was just a simple slice of pizza, an apple and a Dr. Pepper soda. I sat alone and ate with peace still ignoring the strange looks the students gave me.

What was the problem with this student, haven't they seen a person wearing less expensive cloths before so why are they behaving like this, with this taught in mind, I got up to leave the cafeteria when four guys approached me

End of chapter 3. Hope ur enjoying it. I no my story may seem all strange in all but keep reading it's a very interesting story. Sorry for any grammatical errors
Byeeeee for now