M1, Chapter 5

Hogwarts

(Y/n wakes up early in the morning. He looks around and sees the others still sleeping. He puts on his robes and takes his books and goes to the common room. He sits down and begins to read. He hears footsteps to his side, he turns his head and sees Hermione)

Hermione: Y/n? You sure are up early.

Y/n: I like to start my mornings off early.

(Hermione sits down next to him and looks at the book he is reading)

Hermione: What book is that?

Y/n: Just a spell book that my grandfather gave me.

(Hermione nods and begins to read her own book with a smile on her face. Suddenly blue fire bursts on Y/n's shoulder making Hermione fall off of the couch. The blue fire reforms into Helios who pokes Y/n's head with its leg)

Y/n: You hungry?

(Helios nods. Y/n takes out his wand and summons a peace of meat that he gives to Helios. Hermione is still on the ground staring at them wide eyed)

Hermione: Y-Y/n. What is that?

Y/n: Oh. This is Helios my blue phoenix.

Hermione: But isn't a phoenix supposed to be orange or red in color?

Y/n: Yeah, I guess Helios is a rare kind.

(Helios happy disappears by bursting into flames like he arrived. Y/n stands up and closes his book)

Y/n: Well, we should get going. Class is about to start.

(He offers a hand to Hermione who accepts it, he helps her get back onto her feet. Y/n gives her a smile and walks out of the common room to eat breakfast)

-------Time Skip-------

(The stairway bustles with students as Harry and Ron make their way. Clearly lost, Ron consults his timetable)

Ron: This is Staircase Twelve North, which should take us to Backward Staircase Seven—no wait a minute, we're on Backward Staircase Seven...

Harry: How many staircases are there?

Ron: One hundred forty-two, though, in A History of Magic, Bathilda Bagshot makes unattributed reference to three others.

(Harry and Ron watch Hermione pass by, apparently holding every single First Year course book in her arms)

McGonagall's Classroom

(Y/n and Hermione walk inside the empty classroom, being the first one's to arrive. Y/n spots a cat sitting on the teachers table, he smiles)

Y/n: Good morning professor. Where can we sit?

(Hermione looks at Y/n confused)

Hermione: Y/n, there is no one here. Who are you talking to?

(The cat jumps off of the table and transforms into McGonagall who gives Y/n a smile)

McGonagall: I'm impressed that you could tell that was me, Graves. How could you tell?

Y/n: It was the marks under your eyes that resemble your glasses.

(McGonagall gives him a nod of confirmation)

McGonagall: Impressive. 10 points to Gryffindor. And since you two are the first ones here you can sit where ever you want to.

Y/n: Thank you professor.