M2, Chapter 4

King's Cross

(Amid a neat line of cars, the Anglia sits at a decidedly odd angle, as if its driver were not the most skilled motorist. The Weasleys, Y/n and Harry are pushing large trolleys they dash under the large clock which reads two minutes to eleven)

Mrs. Weasley: Oh dear! The train'll be leaving any moment! All together now!

(Hurrying, they race to platforms nine and ten. Quickly, Percy, Fred and George stride briskly toward the stone barrier that divides the platforms and disappear)

Mrs. Weasley: Go on, Ginny. You know what to do.

(Ginny, looking a bit nervous, rushes toward the barrier, closes her eyes, and sleds... out onto the other side. As she gazes at the Hogwarts Express, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley materialize at her side)

Mrs. Weasley: Come, Ginny. We'll get you a seat.

(Back on the other side, Ron glances at the clock)

Ron: We better hurry.

(Harry nods, leans into his trolley and -- CRASH! -- hits the barrier and bounces back into Ron, Y/n winces seeing that. A guard glowers)

Guard: What in blazes d'you two think you're doing?

Y/n: I'm sorry. The trolley's must have lost control.

Harry: Why can't we get through?

Ron: I dunno. The gateway's sealed itself for some reason.

(As Ron presses his ear to the barrier, the clock chimes)

Harry: The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock. We've missed it.

Y/n: We are screwed.

Ron: Can't hear a thing. Y/n, Harry. If we can't get through, maybe Mum and Dad can't get back.

Harry: Maybe we should go wait by the car.

Ron: The car!

Y/n: Oh boy. Here we go again...

Parking Lot

Harry: This is mad. We can't drive to Hogwarts.

Ron: Who says we're driving?

Y/n: Ron. You are not-

Ron: Look, who knows when Mum and Dad will get back. And we've got toget to school, haven't we? And even underage wizards are allowed to use magic if it's an absolute emergency. Least that's what Fred and George always say...

Harry: Something tells me we're going to regret this.

Y/n: Everything we usually do ends up with us regretting it.

(Ron taps his wand on the dash and the Anglia burbles to life)

Harry: No offense, Ron, but are you sure you know how to fly this.

Ron: No problem.

(Ron shifts. With a great jolt, the car lifts from the ground)

Ron: There. See. Now I reckon all we have to do is find the Hogwarts Express and follow it. Simple.

(Y/n and Harry nods, not entirely convinced. He peers out the window. Down below, two pedestrians stare in disbelief)

Y/n: Ron. I should tell you. Most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing a flying car.

Ron: Right.

(Ron presses a tiny silver button on the dashboard and they disappear. Down below, the baffled pedestrians blink)