M3, Chapter 2

Number Four Privet Drive

(The street slumbers, adrift in shadow. Then... a curious beam of light bobs beyond the second-story window of Number Four. Inside Harry's bedroom there is a tent of blankets. Within... the shadow of a Harry who whispers)

Harry: Lumos Maxima...

(The tent blooms softly with light -- briefly illuminating a bedside photograph of James & Lily Potter -- then goes dark)

Harry: Lumos Maxima...

(The blankets bloom once again when, down the hall, a toilet flushes. Instantly, the Harry stiffens, the blankets dim, and the tent flattens. Just as...... the bedroom door opens, revealing... Uncle Vernon. He peers inside, eyes flashing suspiciously, then... withdraws. The tent rises)

Harry: Lumos Maxima...

(As the blankets blaze, inside the blanket tent in front of Harry is Violeta Stitch's Extreme Incantations book. Once again, he speaks)

Harry: Lumos... MAXIMA!

(A blinding blast of light flashes from the second storywindow of Number Four. Dogs bark. The light in the hallway snaps on, Harry's tent droops once more and, seconds later, Harry's door eases open. Uncle Vernon peers in and switches on the light. The room is utterly silent. Slowly, he closes the door)

-----Time Skip-----

(The doorbell chimes and a shrill voice thunders)

Petunia: Harry! Harry!

(Harry bounds down the stairs and into the front hall, where his Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley stand stiffly. Petunia flicks a bit of fluff from Dudley's sweater, glowers crossly at Harry, and jerks her head toward the door)

Petunia: Well, go on. Open it.

(Harry reaches for the knob when -- BLAM! -- it bursts open, revealing a large, waddling woman: Aunt Marge and a large waddling bulldog: Ripper. Uncle Vernon lurches forward out of the teeming rain, an enormous suitcase in hand, and drops it on Harry) 

Petunia: Marge! Welcome! How was the train?

Marge: Wretched. Ripper got sick.

Petunia: Ah. How... unfortunate.

Marge: I would've left him with the others, but he pines so when I'm away. Don't you, darling?

(Aunt Marge puckers her lips at Ripper and leads him down the hallway. Harry follows with Uncle Vernon)

Harry: Uncle Vernon. I need you to sign this form.

Vernon: What is it?

Harry: Nothing. Something for school...

(Uncle Vernon eyes the parchment in Harry's hand suspiciously)

Vernon: Later perhaps. If you behave.

Harry: I will if she does.

(Marge turns, eyeing Harry)

Marge: So. Still here, are you?

Harry: Yes. 

Marge: Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful tone. Damn good of my brother to keep you, if you ask me.

(Marge turns to Vernon and Petunia)

Marge: It'd have been straight to an orphanage if he'd been dumped on my doorstep.

(Just then Dudley, sitting comatose before the TV, emits a hollow, brain-dead chuckle)

Marge: Is that my Dudders! Hm? Is that my neffy poo? Come and say hello to your Auntie Marge.