M2, Chapter 6

Lockhart's Classroom

(The walls of Lockhart's office, lined with framed photographs of... Gilderoy Lockhart. Y/n, Harry and Lockhart work by candle light at an ornate desk. Bleary eyed, Y/n and Harry address envelopes, while a cheery Lockhart puts his signature to the stack of glossy photos bearing his image)

Lockhart: Can youpossibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me answer my fan mail?

(Y/n and Harry force a smile)

Lockhart: Fame's a fickle friend, boys. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that.

(Harry nods, glancing gloomily at the towering stack of envelopes that remain. Dipping his quill, he starts towrite, when... a chilly voice fills the room causing Y/n to stop)

Voice: Come... come to me...

Y/n: What?

Lockhart: I was saying, six solid months at the top of the bestseller list! Broke all records!

Y/n: Not you... that voice.

Harry: I heard it too.

Lockhart: Voice?

Harry: Didn't you hear it?

Lockhart: What are you two talking about? I think we're getting a bit drowsy. Great Scott and no wonder, look at the time! We've been here nearly four hours! Dinner's nearly done! If you two hurry you might make pudding. Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun!

(Y/n looks around confused)

Corridor

(Y/n and Harry pass quickly through the lengthening shadows of the empty corridor, when...)

Voice: Blood... I smell blood...

Harry: Y/n...

Y/n: I hear it too...

(They stop cold, looking around for the source of the voice)

Voice: Let me rip you... let me kill you...

(Y/n steps to the wall, playing his fingers along the stone, then begins walk, slowly at first, then more quickly, as if following something, moving faster and faster, rounding the corner and coming face to face with... Hermione and Ron)

Hermione: Y/n! Harry!

Harry: Did you hear it?

Ron: Hear what?

Y/n: That... voice.

Hermione: Voice? What voice?

Harry: We heard it first in Lockhart's office and then again, just-

Voice: Kill... Time to kill...

(As Y/n and Harry stiffen, Hermione and Ron study them curiously)

Y/n: It's moving. I think it's going to kill.

(Y/n and Harry run off. Hermione and Ron exchange a glance, follow. Y/n and Harry dash madly, taking the steps three at a time. They make the landing, rush through the archway, and... sled to a stop, listening... Nothing. Slowly, they peer down. Water is oozing over the stone floor, surrounding their shoes. Y/n's own reflection appears and, behind it, undulating like a dream... words. Ron and Hermione come huffing up)

Ron: Y/n, Harry, what are you doing?

(Y/n points. Shimmering on the wall are the words he saw reflected in water: THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED ENEMIES OF THE HEIR... BEWARE)