M1, Chapter 8

Hogwarts/Schoolcourtyard

(Bundled against the chill, Harry burdened by heavy thoughts enters the empty courtyard, Hedwig on his arm. As he releases her, she sails high over the castle walls... wending her way through the turrets and then out over the wintry grounds, her reflection glimmering on the surface of the icy lake below. As she turns, beating her way back, the dark sky lightens, turning a slow, glorious blue and the once-dark trees shimmerin the crisp Spring light. Hogwarts itself shimmers as well, no longer dusted with snow. Hedwig glides over the castle walls, swoops, and comes to a fluttering rest outside one of the high windows of the Great Hall)

Great Hall

(Y/n is reading a book while Hermione book in hand quizzes Ron, who seems more interested in the pack of Chocolate Frogs in his hand)

Hermione: I'll ask you again. What are the three most Crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?

Ron: And I'll tell you again. I forgot.

Hermione: And what, may I ask, do you plan to do should you get that question on final exams?

Ron: Copy off you.

Y/n: Sorry to burst your bubble Ron, but we're going to be given special quills bewitched with an anti cheating spell.

Ron: That's insulting. It's as if they don't trust us... Dumbledore again.

(As Ron tosses the wizard card onto the table, Harry watches it spin just as a smattering of laughter erupts across the hall. Neville is hopping like a bunny, legs stuck together, while seamus trails after him)

Y/n, Ron and Hermione: Leg-Locker Curse.

Y/n: Fucking Malfoy...

(Neville, breathing hard, reaches the Gryffindor table, then, before anyone can catch him, topples to the floor)

Ron: You've got to start standing up to him, Neville.

Y/n: He's right.

Neville: How? I can't stand up at all.

Seamus: I offered to do the countercurse, but he wouldn't let me.

Neville: Of course not. That's all I need, you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire.

Seamus: I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back.

(As Seamus turns away, the others see a curious bald spot on the back of his head. Ron takes out his wand)

Ron: All right then, Neville, who shall it be? Me, Y/n, Hermione, or...

Harry: I've found him.

(Ron stops, sees Harry holding up Dumbledore's wizard card. Y/n takes it, he and ron look at the card)

Ron: He's bowling. So what? He's always bowling.

Y/n: I don't think that's what he meant.

(Y/n turns the card over and ron begins to read)

Ron: "Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood... and his work on alchemy... with his partner, Nicolas Flamel."

Harry: I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day.

(Hermione steps right over Neville)

Hermione: Follow me.

Neville: Hey! Wait! What about that counter-curse!

(Nevilles eyes shift. Seamus smiles, raises an eyebrow, Y/n peaks out of the door of the great hall and sends a spell at Neville that separates his legs)