M2, Chapter 9

Corridor - Dungeons

(Y/n, Harry and Ron move quickly, when... footsteps sound. Seconds later, Percy appears at the end of the corridor)

Ron: What are you doing here?

(Percy squints, confused by Ron's voice. Y/n elbows Ron, who clears his throat and speaks in a lower voice)

Ron: What are you doing here?

Percy: I happen to be a prefect. You, on the other hand, have no business wandering the corridors at night. It's not safe these days.

(Y/n, Harry and Ron nod, afraid to speak. Percy squints again)

Percy: What're your names again?

Draco: Blaise. Crabbe. Goyle. Where have you been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?

(Draco is walking towards them, glances witheringly at Percy)

Draco: And what are you doing down here, Weasley?

Percy: Mind your attitude, Malfoy. You want to show a little bit more respect to a school Prefect!

Draco: Come on, boys. Weasley thinks he's going to catch Slytherin's hair single-handed.

(Percy steams. Draco sneers, walks off with Y/n, Harry and Ron)

Slytherin Common Room

(Y/n, Harry and Ron trail Draco inside, glance around warily)

Draco: Listen to this...

(Draco grabs The Daily Prophet, reads the front page)

Draco: "Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office, was today fined fifty Galleons for bewitching a Muggle car. "Weasleyhas brought the Ministry into disrepute," said Lucius Malfoy, a governor of Hogwarts. "He is clearly unfit to draw up our laws and his ridiculous Muggle Protection Act should be scrapped immediately."

(Grinning, Malfoy glances over the paper at Y/n, Harry and Ron)

Draco: Arthur Weasley loves Muggle so much he should snap his wand in half and go join them. You'd never know the Weasleys were purebloods, the way they behave.  Embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them.

(Ron growls. Harry elbows him. Draco looks surprised)

Draco: What's up with you, Crabbe?

Ron: Stomachache.

Draco: Well, go to the hospital wing and give all those Mudbloods a kickin the arse for me! You know, I'm surprised The Daily Prophet hasn't reported all these attacks yet. I suppose Dumbledore's trying to hush it all up. He'll be sacked if it doesn't stop soon. Father always said Dumbledore's the worst thing that's ever happened to this place.

Harry: You're wrong!

Draco: What? Did you say that I was wrong? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?

(Ron stiffens. Worried. Y/n thinks, then)

Y/n: Harry Potter and Y/n Graves.

(Draco grins)

Draco: Good one, Blaise. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter and Saint Graves. They're two othesr with no proper wizard feeling, or they wouldn't go around with that Mudblood Granger. And people actually think Graves the Heir of Slytherin.

(Y/n, Harry and Ron exchange a glance. Y/n leans closer to Draco)

Y/n: Then you must have some idea who's behind it all?