M2, Chapter 11

Hogwarts - Corridor

(Y/n, Harry and a very upset Ron walk with desperate purpose)

Ron: She knew something. She'd found out something about the Chamber of Secrets. That's why she was taken. I mean, she was --is -- a pure-blood. There can't be any other reason.

(Harry pulls him away)

Harry: C'mon. Let's go see Lockhart. He may be a brainless git, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. We can tell him what we know...

Ron: Guys. D'you think there's any chance at all she's not, you know --

(Y/n glances over, studies Ron's tortured eyes, he places his hand on Ron's shoulder)

Y/n: We'll find her, Ron. Ginny's going to be fine, I promise you that.

(Ron nods, smiles shakily, and looks away. As he does, Y/n's face changes, looks troubled. Even he doesn't believe what he's just said)

Lockharts Office

(Y/n, Harry and Ron dash inside the office)

Y/n: Professor walking clown show, we've got some information for you --

(Y/n, Harry and Ron stop dead. Lockhart's office is stripped to the shelves. Two large trunks stand open)

Y/n: Are you going somewhere?

Lockhart: Um, well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go...

Ron: What about my sister?

Lockhart: Well, as to that -- most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I --

Ron: You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!

Lockhart: I must say, when I took the job, nothing in the job description --

Harry: You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?

Lockhart: Books can be misleading.

Harry: You wrote them!

Lockhart: My dear boy, do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all...

Y/n: I knew it! You're a fraud!

Harry: You've just been taking credit for what a load of other wizards have done!

Lockhart: Harry, Harry, Harry. There was work involved. I had to track these people down and ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. No, it's not all book signings and publicity photos. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long, hard slog.

Ron: Is there anything you can do?

Lockhart: Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book. I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to you both, lest you do the same.

(Lockhart lifts his wand, but Y/n is quicker, a blast of light comes from the tip of Y/n's wand and Lockhart blasts backwards, toppling into one of the open trunks, his wand flying across the floor)

Y/n: Looks like those "Dueling Lessons" came in handy after all, Professor.

Girls Bathroom

(Lockhart walks ahead of Y/n, Harry and Ron, their wands pointed at him. Moaning Myrtle floats above the cistern)