M1, Chapter 9

Hogwarts

(Students flock onto the sunny grounds, finished with exams)

Y/n: Finally, its done.

Hermione: I'd always heard Hogwarts' end of year exams were frightful. But I found that rather enjoyable. Weren't you stunned not to be asked about Elfric the Eager?

Ron: I'm stunned my head didn't explode.

(Y/N looks at Harry who keeps rubbing his scar)

Y/n: You alright there, Harry?

Harry: My scar. Keeps... burning.

Hermione: It's happened before...

Harry: Not like this...

(Harry glances across the grounds at Hagrid, sitting in his front garden playing a flute. At his feet, Fang's eyes droop)

Harry: No...

Y/n: Harry?

(Harry starts to run across the grounds. Y/n, Hermione and Ron glance at each another and rush after)

Harry: Don't you think it's a bit odd, that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon? And a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?

Hagrid's Hut

(Hagrid shrugs, goes on polishing the flute in his hand)

Hagrid: Ne'er saw his face. Kept his hood up.

Harry: Didn't that strike you as unusual?

Hagrid: Yeh meet a lot o' unusual types in the village. Ain't 'xactly usual meself.

Harry: This stranger, though. You and he must've talked...

Hagrid: He asked what I did, the sorta creatures I look after. Tol' him after Fluffy a dragon wouldbe easy.

Harry: And did he seem interested in Fluffy?

Hagrid: Well, yeah. How many three-headed dogs do yeh meet, even if yeh're in the trade? So I tells 'im, this stranger, the trick with any beast is ter know what calms 'em. Take Fluffy, fer example. Jus' play 'im a bit o' music an' he'll go straight off ter sleep-

(Hagrid stops, horrified by his slip)

Hagrid: I shouldn'ta tol' yeh that! Forget I said it! Hey! Where yeh goin'! Hey!

McGonagall's Classroom

(Y/n, Harry, Ron and Hermione clang through the door, Professor McGonagall looks up)

Y/n: We have to see Professor Dumbledore. Immediately.

McGonagall: I see. Well, I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. Only moments ago, he received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew off to London.

Harry: He's gone? Now? But this is important! This is about... the philosopher's stone.

(Professor McGonagall nearly drops the books in her hands)

McGonagall: How do you know--

Harry: Someone's going to try and steal it.

McGonagall: Nonsense. I don't know how you four found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is well protected. Now, run along.

------Time Skip------

(Harry leads the others down the corridor)

Harry: That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy.