Introduction 6. Nezuko Kamado's alteration

About the thing that I've drastically altered, that would be none other than Nezuko Kamado, the objectified demon younger sister of the main character. I hate to say it, but Nezuko is just a mess of hot garbage when it comes to her writing. Her writing is absolutely atrocious and she is objectively the worst written... THING... in the show. Calling her a character is too high a compliment for her. I have altered her writing drastically to make her an actual character, better written, for her to make more sense, for her to have more humanity, for her to have more agency, for her to be more believable, etc. You'll see what I mean.

Now let's go into more detail about why Nezuko is objectively the worst thing in the show, and is definitely hot garbage in terms of writing.

I didn't used to mind Nezuko, but she just kept getting worse and worse, and I started hating her more and more. Nezuko just might be the worst thing in the whole fucking series. Either way, Nezuko is most certainly this show's biggest problem by far.

Being a demon means suffering an instinct to devour humans or die. Being a demon means dying upon setting foot in the sunlight. Being a demon means being hunted down by Demon Slayers and killed. ETC, ETC, ETC. Nezuko suffers from NONE OF THESE THINGS! Instead she just gets all the upsides of being a demon (and a strong one at that) TENFOLD (blood demon art, regeneration, paused aging, ETC, ETC, ETC) without having to work for it or suffer any of the downsides.

Also, to add onto that, many humans defend Nezuko because they say that she's retained her humanity, but I think that if anything she has way less humanity than the demons that those same humans are hunting down and killing. The complexity and depth present in many of the demons shown in the show is actually absent in Nezuko. "Nezuko still has human consciousness" FUCK THAT, she doesn't even have agency let alone humanity. All of the demons and humans alike that we have met have more human consciousness than she does.

Yes, she doesn't attack or eat humans. However, she was hypnotized not to do so by Sakonji Urokodaki. Her first instinct as a demon was to attack Tanjiro, and only when Tanjiro showed he was willing to risk his life to protect her, did she try not to hurt him. However, not all demons are that lucky. I would argue that any demon receiving such kindness and hypnotization such as that would behave the same way, without a doubt. It's not Nezuko's decision, she didn't have to do anything, and it's not fair.

Tell me one thing that she wants. Something that SHE actually wants, not something that someone else has decided is best for her. She doesn't have anything. We don't even know if she actually wants to be human again. Tanjiro made that decision for her. She does what Tanjiro tells her to and protects humans because she was hypnotized to do so, like programming a computer or training a pet. She's dumb, she's often incredibly absentminded, and she acts like a TODDLER if not a FUCKING PET, which again, makes her seem to have lost a lot more consciousness and humanity in her demon transition than the demons that the demon slayers are actively trying to kill. Tamayo and Yushiro don't wear muzzles that keep them from talking, Rui was a child demon but perfectly mature with his own thoughts, feelings, and goals, ETC, ETC, ETC, I could go on about this ALL DAY.

Also, about the muzzle, it's entirely unnecessary. Nezuko could break out of it easily and it only serves to reduce her to growling like a dog instead of talking. She also doesn't use any forms of nonverbal communication,and that berserk form of hers that showed up in the Entertainment District Arc only made her writing even worse. Also, not only does the muzzle mean she has no dialogue interactions with other characters, but instead when other characters are talking she just hangs around letting them pet her instead. And, even with the muzzle, she could still very well be getting her own inner monologues to tell us what she's thinking, but we never get any, which reinforces the assumption she doesn't have any thinking and has lost her consciousness.

Dog? Dog.

Nezuko really should've died in this series. There were so many times when she should've died but has just been operating on sheer plot armor for this series when she's NOT EVEN A CHARACTER LET ALONE A GOOD ONE! The worst part is when she doesn't even die in the end.

The end of the Swordsmith Village Arc would've been the perfect time for her to die. For the entirety of this series, we have been taught that sunlight is THE ONLY GUARANTEE when it comes to killing demons. It's the ONE THING that is GUARANTEED to be fatal for them. Upper rank demons don't always die when you cut their head off, maybe certain conditions have to be met, or WHATEVER, but even upper rank demons are guaranteed to be killed by sunlight. Muzan Kibutsuji, the demon king, would die if exposed to sunlight. EVEN HIM. For these reasons, and more, Nezuko's death is set up perfectly.

At the end of the Swordsmith Village Arc, Tanjiro had to choose between the villagers and Nezuko, and Nezuko made the choice for him, to sacrifice herself for the villagers. It may have just been Sakonji Urokodaki's influence, but for the first time in the entire fucking series, it appeared that Nezuko may have actually made a choice of her own. It was the perfect way to die, and for the perfect reasons.

BUT NO! Not only did they COMPLETELY DISCARD this AMAZING DEATH OPPORTUNITY, but they made her DEUS EX IMMUNE TO THE SUN, COMPLETELY INVALIDATING THE ONLY THING WE KNEW FOR SURE ABOUT DEMONS! No one in the show questions it either when everything they've been taught crumbles to pieces.

The series is really just doing everything it possibly can to make Nezuko it's biggest problem by far and letting her live through the whole series while so many well written characters are killed off instead of her and it's just so repulsive and disgusting on SO MANY FUCKING LEVELS.

Nezuko is onscreen so much that it's painful. She's a complete mess of hot garbage in terms of writing and objectively the biggest problem with the franchise, and yet somehow SHE won the story's lottery and gets to plow her way through the story gaining more power without having to earn it or train for it or do ANYTHING. ANYONE ELSE would have deserved it more than her. LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE. The plot is just constantly handing her free passes and abilities on a silver platter ALL THE FUCKING TIME. No downsides, no hardships, none of that, and she has done FUCKING NOTHING to earn any of this.

It doesn't help that so many of the characters in the show (as well as all of her toxic fans, for that matter) place her on this unbelievably high pedestal. She could easily be replaced with a cute plastic doll and no one would notice. That is how shallow she is.

Most of the characters in this series that aren't immediately killed off right after they're introduced endure hell to get to where they are, and a lot of them endure hell just to even survive. What is for sure is that they've all worked incredibly hard, and sometimes that STILL isn't enough. So many of them die such horrible and unecessary deaths, and then Nezuko gets off with all of this DELUSIONALLY RIDICULOUS SHIT! The worst part is that she DOESN'T EVEN DIE IN THE END!