Season 3 Episode 6. A fatal wound

From what appeared to be nowhere, Muichiro stabbed Kokushibo through the chest.

"He... dodged my attack!?" Kokushibo thought.

Kokushibo looked closer at Muichiro's eyes.

"It cannot be," Kokushibo thought. "Those eyes... can they see the same world that I can? The transparent world?"

"I can't let go," Muichiro thought. "I need to kill him, even if it kills me."

Kokushibo noticed Muichiro's blade was turning red.

"What is this!?" Kokushibo thought. "This intense pain... it's like my insides are on fire!"

Kokushibo also noticed something strange was preventing him from moving. The bullets Genya had fired at him before his death had sprouted tree roots that were anchoring him. The tree roots continued growing, and Kokushibo was unable to use any techniques.

Gyomei attempted to smash Kokushibo's head with his spiked iron ball, but it was not enough to sever his head.

"I can't use any techniques!" Kokushibo thought. "The tree in my back is sucking up my blood and extending a trunk, and my body is freezing due to the intense pain from Muichiro's katana! A red katana, just like Yoriichi's!"

Gyomei and Sanemi combined their attacks, turning their blades red as well, and managed to take Kokushibo's head.

"I will not lose again," Kokushibo thought. "Even if they cut my head off!"

Kokushibo stopped his bleeding and attempted to regenerate his head, and the effects of the trunk were beginning to wear off.

Kokushibo sprouted blades all over his body. Gyomei lost one of his arms. At that same time, two more people arrived.

It was Kimi and Kimiko.

...

"Kimiko-chan...?" Muichiro asked.

"Yes, it's me," Kimiko said. "My master is here too."

Muichiro saw that Kimi had also arrived.

"Your blade turned red," Kimi said. "I also noticed you now have the ability to see the transparent world."

"That's what it's called?" Muichiro asked.

"Yes," Kimi replied. "I can see it as well. Transparent world, as well as your red blades, are the key to defeating upper rank 1."

"Okay," Muichiro said.

...

Kokushibo had regenerated his head and continued to fight. However, they noticed that his body had begun to fall apart at his chest.

"My body is falling apart where Muichiro stabbed me..." Kokushibo thought.

Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro rushed toward him, and swung their swords at Kokushibo's neck simultaneously. Gyomei swung his spiked iron ball with all of his strength, and Sanemi threw his sword at the spiked iron ball to further enhance its power.

Kokushibo's body completely disintegrated this time.

Upper rank 1 had been defeated.

...

"Genya did not die in vain," Gyomei said. "We defeated upper rank 1."

Gyomei took time to stop the bleeding in his left arm. He had lost his arm in the fight, so he could now only use his right arm.

Muichiro approached Kimi and Kimiko.

"Kazuyuki-san... Kimiko-chan... thank you," Muichiro said. "We all would have died if you hadn't arrived."

"I- well- there's no need to thank me," Kimiko said, looking away. "It was thanks to you that we were able to win."

"Thanks to me?" Muichiro asked.

"Yes!" Kimiko replied. "The wound you inflicted on upper rank 1 when you turned your sword red was what led to his eventual downfall."

Muichiro looked down at his sword. It was still red.

"The upper rank demons have now been defeated," Kimi said. "All that's left is to find Muzan Kibutsuji."

"Yes," Gyomei said. "We will not fail to defeat him."

Kimi, Kimiko, Muichiro, Sanemi, and Gyomei continued traveling through the Infinity Castle, searching for Muzan.