Season 3 Episode 3. Kimi and Kimiko meet Kiroyuki

Kimi and Kimiko were traveling through the Infinity Castle on their own. They had been traveling for a while.

It wasn't long before Kimi felt the immense presence of an incredibly powerful demon.

"There's an incredibly powerful demon nearby," Kimi said.

"How powerful?" Kimiko asked.

"I can tell from their presence alone that they're way stronger than any demon we've ever encountered before," Kimi replied.

The floor opened up below them, and they fell into a strange, large, room.

The demon Kimi had sensed was standing in front of them. He had black waist length hair with blue highlights, and was wearing black clothing with light blue and silver ornamentation. He had glowing blue eyes with "upper rank 0" carved into them.

"Upper rank 0...?" Kimi thought. "I didn't even know that existed. I thought upper rank 1 was the highest. What's even stranger about him, though, is that I feel like I recognize him, even though I'm pretty sure I've never seen him before."

Kimi drew his sword.

"No, I can't think about that right now," Kimi thought. "If I want to have even a chance at winning this fight, I need to attack quickly and swiftly, before he can learn anything about me."

"Ice Breathing, eighth form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Ice imbuing thrust!"

Kimiko drew his sword and prepared to perform a coordinated attack with Kimi.

"Ice Breathing, first form," Kimiko breathed deeply. "Crescent moon frost!"

"Ice Breathing, tenth form," the demon, Kiroyuki, breathed deeply. "Ice imbuing time."

Before Kimi and Kimiko could attack, they felt their bodies, and the surrounding environment, slow to a stop and become completely still.

"Did he just use a breathing technique? How can a demon possibly use a breathing technique? That's unheard of!" Kimi thought. "Not to mention he used Ice Breathing, of all breathing styles. Then... he was a member of the Kazuyuki Clan? And he used the tenth form... that can only be used with a sword forged using the Ice Imbuing Technique!"

Kimi looked closely at Kiroyuki's sword. It was indeed a sword forged using the Ice Imbuing Technique. Kimi would recognize one anywhere.

"I would like to speak with you," Kiroyuki said.

This demon's voice was enough to jog Kimi's memory. Well, not exactly Kimi's memory, but a memory that Kimi had inherited from long ago.

"He came from the Kazuyuki Clan, and was the most powerful user of Ice Breathing to ever exist," Kimi thought. "Ice Breathing... a sword forged using the Ice Imbuing technique... upper rank 0... his immense presence and power... it all makes sense now. I think he just might be even more powerful than Muzan Kibutsuji."

"I recognize you," Kiroyuki said. "What are your names?"

Kimi and Kimiko tried to respond, but they couldn't move. However, when Kiroyuki sheathed his sword, they were able to move and speak again.

"Kimi Kazuyuki," Kimi replied.

"Kimiko Kazuyuki," Kimiko replied.

"I see," Kiroyuki said. "You are both from the Kazuyuki Clan as well."

"Why did you become a demon?" Kimi asked. "According to my inherited memory, you were the best and most powerful Ice Breathing user to exist. What else could you have possibly wanted?"

"I did not want to become a demon," Kiroyuki replied.

"Wait... what?" Kimiko asked. "Upper rank 0... didn't want to become a demon?"

"I suppose I should start from the beginning."