Season 3 Episode 7. Forced to the surface

Giyu and Tanjiro were traveling through the Infinity Castle, heading toward Muzan, when a crow informed them of Genya's death.

"Everyone's dying," Tanjiro thought. "I must fight to the very end as well. Just like everyone else, I'll keep going without hesitation, even if I may not be ready. We must defeat Muzan for everyone's sake."

They were also informed that Yushiro had finally managed to take over the sight of the demon in control of the Infinity Castle.

...

Soon enough, they encountered Muzan.

"You're so persistent," Muzan said. "I'm losing my patience. You're always going on and on about avenging your friends or your family or whatever. Isn't it enough that YOU'RE still alive?"

Silence.

"So what if I killed your friends and family? Consider yourselves lucky and move on with your life," Muzan said. "Think of it as if they simply met with some natural disaster."

"How can you say that?" Tanjiro asked weakly.

"Earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, hurricanes, no matter how many people they kill, no one seeks revenge against them," Muzan said. "Not to mention, the dead will not return to life. Let go of your grudges. Just go about your life. That's what most people do. Only demon slayers are abnormal like this, and I'm tired of dealing with you. I just want all of this to end."

"Even if we cut off Muzan's head, he won't die, we have to somehow drag him into the sunlight," Tanjiro thought. "According to our orders, we need to stall him until the others arrive, and formulate a strategy to prolong the fight until dawn. We need to find any information regarding Muzan that might be useful and survive long enough to give it to the others, because that's when the real fight will begin."

Muzan attacked them with his arms.

"Water Breathing, eleventh form," Giyu breathed deeply. "Dead calm!"

Giyu tried to stop Muzan's arms, but they were as sharp as blades, and he could extend them.

"His reach is incredibly long," Tanjiro thought. "I can't follow his movements with my eyes, so I'm dodging on pure instinct!"

Tanjiro was hit across his right eye with one of Muzan's arms.

"Don't get too close to him!" Giyu called. "We don't need to attack him!"

"Are you trying to buy time until dawn?" Muzan asked. "The sun can't reach the inside of this place, so there's no point. Not to mention, surely you didn't think only five hashira could accomplish that. After all, the hashira in the striped haori seems to have died at the hands of my minion."

"Wait, what?" Tanjiro thought. "But... didn't Iguro-san work with Inosuke and Zenitsu to neutralize her and help Yushiro compromise her sight?"

Muzan sent multiple attacks toward Tanjiro. Tanjiro was still dodging on instinct, as he was barely able to see anymore.

"Who cares if he smashed my right eye!? I can see with my sense of smell!" Tanjiro thought.

However, Tanjiro was slammed against the nearest wall by one of Muzan's attacks. He got up and kept moving.

"They're too fast to smell, and at this point I can barely maintain my breathing," Tanjiro thought. "I'm going to die soon, the way this fight is currently going."