Season 1 Episode 3. Kimi and Kimiko arrive

Kimi Kazuyuki and Kimiko Kazuyuki were traveling through the forest, toward the swordsmith village.

As they got closer to the village, Kimi could sense the presence of two upper rank demons in the area.

"There are two upper rank demons in the area," Kimi said.

"Understood," Kimiko said.

"I wonder how they were able to locate this village," Kimi thought. "It's been kept secret for so long, and they've never been able to before. What could have given them the information they needed?"

Kimi decided they would look for answers once they arrived at the swordsmith village.

After making it to the village, they headed directly to the house of the village chief.

There was a giant monster attacking the village chief. It looked like a distorted version of a fish with multiple legs and strange looking vases protruding from its back.

All of the demon slayers that were there to protect him had been defeated. They were lying on the ground, gravely injured.

When the monster saw Kimi and Kimiko, it prepared to attack them.

"Ice Breathing, second form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Snowstrike!"

Kimi charged forward and struck the monster with incredible momentum, effortlessly slicing it in half. The monster quickly crumbled to dust and disappeared.

"How incredibly weak," Kimi said, sheathing his sword. "That was most certainly not the main body. A demon must have created it, along with the other monsters attacking the village."

"Kazuyuki-dono!" Kimi heard someone behind him say.

Kimi turned around. It was Tecchin, the village chief.

"Kazuyuki-dono, I can't possibly thank you enough!" Tecchin said. "You cut down that monster in the blink of an eye! If you hadn't arrived when you did, I most certainly would not have survived!"

"Yes, you most certainly would not have," Kimi said, as he was not one to mince words. "However, my work is far from over. There are two upper rank demons in this area, and they must be eliminated. I'm leaving now."

Kimi and Kimiko left the home of the village chief and continued their search for the upper rank demons.