Season 3 Episode 4. Genya's sacrifice

Kokushibo's blade had extended and smaller blades had branched out from it as well.

"Moon Breathing, seventh form," Kokushibo breathed deeply. "Mirror of misfortune moonlit!"

Kokushibo released several attacks in their direction, forcing them to move even farther away from him.

"His attack range has more than doubled!" Sanemi thought. "And his speed- this is bad! This is really bad!"

"Moon Breathing, eighth form," Kokushibo breathed deeply. "Moon dragon ringtail!"

Kokushibo attacked them with a beautiful crescent shaped attack, wounding them further.

"I can't aim for his neck! I can't even get anywhere near him!" Sanemi thought. "It's taking every ounce of my strength just to dodge his attacks and survive!"

"Moon Breathing, ninth form," Kokushibo breathed deeply. "Waning moon swaths!"

Kokushibo struck Sanemi in the back, rendering him unable to move any further.

"Shinazugawa!" Gyomei called.

"Forget about me!" Sanemi yelled.

"Moon Breathing, tenth form," Kokushibo breathed deeply. "Drilling slashes moon through bamboo leaves!"

Sanemi saw the attack approaching him from above.

"There's no way I can move out of the way in time," Sanemi thought. "I'm going to die."

But just in the nick of time, someone shoved Sanemi out of the way of the attack. When Sanemi got up, he saw Genya lying on the ground in pieces. Genya had shoved him out of the way of the attack, and taken the attack instead of him. Genya's body completely crumbled away, leaving not even a trace of him.

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! EVER!" Sanemi yelled. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU AND SEND YOU TO HELL! THAT'S A PROMISE!"

"Moon Breathing, sixteenth form," Kokushibo ignored Sanemi's promise. "Moonbow half moon!"

Kokushibo unleashed several attacks striking at them from all angles.

"He isn't running out of techniques," Gyomei thought. "How many more forms does he have?"

Gyomei tried and failed to attack several times.

"I can't attack," Gyomei thought. "He predicts my every move and shuts me down before I can even begin to attack. He knows what I'm going to do before I can even begin doing it. I can't figure it out. Is he using supernatural powers? What is he looking at?"

Gyomei focused his senses for a very long time, and eventually managed to figure it out.

Transparent world.