Season 1 Episode 10. Fear and resentment

Kimiko had arrived just in time to save Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko from Hantengu's strongest clone, Zohakuten.

While Kimiko fought Zohakuten, Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko chased after the main body. Soon enough, they made it to a cliff with a wide open field below.

Genya didn't fall off the cliff, but Tanjiro and Nezuko did. Tanjiro fell on a tree that broke his fall. Nezuko fell onto the ground.

Tanjiro tried to pick himself up. He saw that a few of the villagers from the swordsmith village were sharpening swords in the field not too far away from them, and Hantengu had noticed them. He was heading toward them, and definitely with the intent of eating them.

"I have to get up," Tanjiro told himself. "I need to keep going."

Tanjiro got down from the tree and landed on the ground. He picked himself up, and was about to engage in battle with Hantengu again, when he noticed that the sun was emerging from the horizon. Nezuko's skin began burning.

"AAARGH!" Nezuko cried out in pain and collapsed to the ground.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro panicked.

Tanjiro tried to shield Nezuko from the sun, but it was no use. Her skin was burning, and she was going to die.

Tanjiro turned around and looked at Hantengu. Slowly but surely, the sun was burning him, but he was most certainly going to reach the villagers and kill them first.

"There's no way Genya can get here from the top of that cliff," Tanjiro thought. "If I stay here and shield Nezuko from the sun, that demon is most certainly going to kill the villagers before it turns to dust. If I were to try to carry Nezuko on my way there, I would never make it in time to save them! I have to abandon Nezuko in order to save the villagers, but then Nezuko is going to die!"

Tanjiro was frustrated at himself for being unable to make a decision.

"Aaaargh! I can't choose!" Tanjiro thought. "I don't know what to do!"

Nezuko made the choice for him. She shoved Tanjiro in the direction of the demon and the villagers.

"Don't worry about me!" Nezuko said. "Go save the villagers! Kill the demon! Hurry!"

Tanjiro hurried toward the demon, and with all of his strength, swung his sword at the demon's head using his hinokami kagura technique.

Tanjiro finally managed to cut off the head of the demon, and then collapsed from exhaustion. However, the demon's head, which now lay on the ground, said "resentment".

"Wait, no, something's wrong, I'm sure that the tongue of the main body said fear," Tanjiro thought. "I messed up... this must not have been the main body either. I don't have any strength left... and Nezuko sacrificed her life. Now the villagers are going to die anyway... it's hopeless..."