Season 2 Episode 9. Into the Infinity Castle

It took over a month of trying, failing, and ending up back in recovery, but eventually, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya were able to make it to the top of Lomi Mountain and back down again, each retrieving a blue stone from the top as proof.

Then they brought the stones to Kimi.

"It appears that you have finished the final task," Kimi said. "Well then, your hashira training is complete."

"Thank you very much for training us, Kazuyuki-dono!" Tanjiro exclaimed enthusiastically and bowed.

"It's no problem," Kimi said.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya headed out of the Kiyomi Mountains and back to the area where the sites of the other hashira were.

Not too long later, Kimi heard another knock on the door of his office.

"Come in," Kimi said.

Kimiko entered the room.

"Hello, Kimiko," Kimi said. "Did you need something?"

"Well..." Kimiko trailed off. "I-"

But before Kimiko could finish his sentence, a kasugai crow flew in through the window, shouting an alarming message.

"Emergency summons! An attack on Ubuyashiki mansion!" the crow shouted. "Emergency summons! An attack on Ubuyashiki mansion!"

Kimi and Kimiko immediately traveled as fast as they could to Ubuyashiki mansion.

When they arrived, the other hashira were there too, as well as some other demon slayers.

They arrived just in time to see the mansion blow up. They then saw a demon in the middle of the explosion.

"Was it you!?" Sanemi yelled. "What did you do to the master!?"

Upon closer inspection, Kimi could sense that this demon was the demon king, Muzan Kibutsuji.

"It's Muzan Kibutsuji!" Kimi yelled. "Even if we cut off his head, he won't die!"

"That's... Muzan?" Kimiko asked in disbelief.

"MUZAN!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Did you think you had me cornered!? You're all going to hell!" Muzan yelled triumphantly. "Tonight I'm going to kill every last one of you demon slayers!"

All of the hashira, as well as some of the other corps members, attacked Muzan at once. However, at the last moment, the ground opened up below them and they fell into an unknown place. 

Author's note: This is the end of the Hashira Training Arc chapters! Next is season 3 of this rewrite, the Infinity Castle Arc. The Infinity Castle Arc chapters will be serialized on a weekly release schedule (every Thursday) much like the Swordsmith Village Arc chapters, starting on Thursday, February 29th. The amount of chapters releasing weekly will change, but the time that they release will always be the same- Thursdays at 12:00 pm EST.