Season 2 Episode 5. The first task of endurance training

Later in the day, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya began their first attempt to withstand the cold temperatures outside.

After only two hours, they were already extremely cold.

"My body temperature is probably not at a safe place anymore," Genya said. "I feel like I'm going to die."

"How about I distract you from the cold?" Tanjiro asked cheerfully. "Spiritual strength is sure to enhance our bodies as well!"

"Let's talk about the cold-blooded guy," Inosuke said.

"You mean the Ice Hashira, Kazuyuki-dono?" Tanjiro asked. "Don't give him weird nicknames."

"I was shocked when I first met him," Inosuke said. "I immediately knew that he is, without a doubt, the strongest member of the demon slayer corps."

"I agree," Tanjiro said. "He's definitely different from the others, and he hasn't even manifested the mark yet."

"He'll probably manifest the mark soon," Genya said. "I wouldn't be surprised."

After only 6 hours, the three of them could not withstand the temperature any longer. Their skin was covered in bad frostbite, and their body temperature below unsafe.

"A word of advice," Kimi said. "The goal is not to keep your body temperature at a safe level for 24 hours, but rather, to make your body capable of safely having what would typically be considered an unsafe body temperature."

After 12 days, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya were finally able to withstand the outside temperatures for 24 hours without protection.

They notified Kimi that they were ready to move on to the second part, and so one of them was going to fight Kimi that night.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya were eating dinner. When they were finishing eating, they noticed the sun going below the horizon.

"It looks like night is coming," Tanjiro said. "One of us should train with Kazuyuki-dono tonight, as only one person can do it at a time."

"I'm going to train with Kazuyuki-dono tonight, no one else!" Inosuke said assertively. "I'll leave now before any of the other corps members can beat me to it!"

"Okay!" Tanjiro said. "Good luck, Inosuke!"

Inosuke found Kimi in a snowy field outside of Basecamp.

"I'm going to fight you tonight," Inosuke said. "Me and no one else!"

"That's good," Kimi said. "These fights must be one on one, as you know."

"Yeah," Inosuke said.

"If you pass out or I deem you unable to continue the fight, then we will stop the fight and continue on a different night," Kimi said. "Is that understood?"

"Yeah! Now let's do this thing!" Inosuke said.