Season 1 Episode 13. Upper rank meeting

Muzan had called a gathering of the upper rank demons. Kiroyuki was the first to be summoned.

"I can sense that Gyokko and Hantengu are no longer in this world," Kiroyuki thought. "It appears that the demon slayers managed to kill them."

It wasn't long before the other upper ranks arrived as well.

Aside from Kiroyuki, the others that attended the meeting were Kokushibo, Doma, and Akaza.

"Tell me who is stronger," Muzan said. "Demons or humans?"

"Demons!" Doma replied enthusiastically.

"Exactly," Muzan said. "So if that is the case, then why are so many of you falling to humans?"

Silence.

"While it is true that several humans worked together to kill Hantengu, Gyokko was defeated by a single 14 year-old CHILD," Muzan spat. "My disappointment in the lot of you is immeasurable."

Silence again.

"I have a plan to destroy the demon slayers once and for all," Muzan said. "If you are able to execute this plan flawlessly, then perhaps I could forgive your recent failures."

"Understood," Kokushibo said.

"I will now explain the plan to you," Muzan said. "Listen carefully as I WILL NOT repeat myself."

Kiroyuki, Kokushibo, Doma, Akaza, and Nakime all listened intently.

"That is all," Muzan said. "Meeting adjourned."

Nakime teleported Kokushibo, Doma, and Akaza out of the infinity castle one by one. She was about to teleport Kiroyuki too, when Muzan spoke up.

"Not you yet, Kiroyuki," Muzan said. "I would like to have a word with you."

Kiroyuki and Muzan talked in private, away from Nakime.

"You are the strongest demon I have," Muzan said. "As such, I have a certain task I need to entrust to you specifically, even aside from the plan I explained to you and the other remaining upper ranks.

"What is it?" Kiroyuki asked.

"I would like you to take out the strongest member of the demon slayer corps," Muzan replied. "He is known as the Ice Hashira, and he is from the Kazuyuki Clan, like you. He is stronger than all of the demons alive aside from me, you, and Kokushibo. He will prove to be the most trouble, and so I am trusting you to put him to rest when we execute our plan."

"Understood," Kiroyuki said.

"Good," Muzan said. "You are dismissed."

Kiroyuki teleported out of the Infinity Castle. 

Author's note: This is the end of the Swordsmith Village Arc chapters! Next is season 2 of this rewrite, the Hashira Training Arc. The Hashira Training Arc episodes will all be released at once- 12:00 pm EST on February 15th, 2024.