Season 1 Episode 2. Gyokko arrives

Muichiro was rushing through the forest to get back to the village.

"I ended up pretty far from the village," Muichiro thought. "I need to get back as fast as possible."

As he was heading back to the village, Muichiro noticed a demon and a child swordsmith.

"He must be an apprentice," Muichiro thought. "Helping him is a low priority."

Muichiro observed the demon.

"That demon definitely isn't the main body," Muichiro thought. "There's no reason to stop here. The whole village is under attack. I must prioritize helping the chief and the skilled artisans."

Once again, Tanjiro's words rang in Muichiro's head.

"Helping others often ends up helping you as well!"

Muichiro changed course and headed toward the demon and the child.

"You're in the way," Muichiro said to the child. "Get out of here."

The child ran away and Muichiro made quick work of the demon. Its weak spot, surprisingly, wasn't its head, but rather, a pot on its back.

The child, who was Kotetsu, rushed over to Muichiro.

"Thank you!" Kotetsu said. "I thought I was dead! DEAD! I was so scared! I was wrong to call you seaweed head! I'm sorry!"

"You called me seaweed head?" Muichiro asked.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was mad at you!" Kotetsu apologized profusely.

"I don't have time for this," Muichiro said, turning around to head back in the direction of the village. "I'm leaving, so do as you please."

"Wait! Kanamori-san is under attack too, and so is Haganezuka-san!" Kotetsu said. "You need to help them! Please! They're going to die!"

Muichiro was about to refuse, but a fragment of one of his lost memories came back to him. He remembered something that Kagaya Ubuyashiki had told him at a time when he was near death.

"Muichiro, you will definitely reclaim yourself," Kagaya had said. "You must be confused, but right now, think only about survival. So long as you're alive, it will work out somehow. Your lost memory will return. Do not miss this opportunity. Begin with the trivial matters and clear the mist inside your head."

While carrying Kotetsu over his shoulder, Muichiro headed toward Kozo's location. Muichiro was running incredibly fast.

"This is not the logical thing to do," Muichiro thought to himself. "By doing this, I'm leaving the rest of the village unprotected. Is it really the correct thing to do?"

"Hey! Slow down a little! We're nearly there!" Kotetsu said frantically.

"Don't talk," Muichiro said. "You'll bite your tongue."

"No, I can do this," Muichiro thought to himself. "The master recognized my value. I am Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Hashira of the demon slayer corps!"

Soon enough, they reached Kozo. There was a demon attacking him just like the one that had been attacking Kotetsu. Muichiro made quick work of it.

"Tokito-dono! Thank you!" Kozo said. "You cut it down in the blink of an eye!"

"Are you done with my katana?" Muichiro asked. "Give it to me already."