Season 2 Episode 8. The third task of endurance training

After taking a few days to rest and prepare, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya were ready to make an attempt to complete the third task.

They informed Kimi, and he checked everything that they were planning to bring.

"You've been cleared," Kimi said. "As you know, you must each bring a blue stone back from the top of Lomi Mountain. There will be kasugai crows regularly patrolling the mountains and keeping an eye on demon slayer corps members attempting the third task. They're there to make sure you don't cheat, and also to inform us if you are rendered unable to continue the climb."

"Okay!" Tanjiro said.

"Also, I have a piece of advice for you before you begin the climb," Kimi said. "Don't rush. You may think that you need to go quickly before you freeze, but you're much more likely to freeze if you push yourself. If you rush the climb, you're going to sweat, and if you sweat, that sweat is going to freeze. If sweat freezes on your body, then you'll seriously be in trouble, so take it easy and don't push yourself. That's the best way to conserve energy and therefore heat."

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Genya began the climb up Lomi Mountain. It was excruciatingly cold, more so than Basecamp. Lomi Mountain was an average sized mountain, but it was still going to take a long while just to reach the top let alone come back down.

"I just want to run..." Inosuke trailed off. "ALL THE WAY THERE!"

"Inosuke, you remember what Kazuyuki-dono told us," Tanjiro said. "We have to conserve our energy, or else we won't be able to make it."

"Yeah," Genya said. "Pushing ourselves could get us into huge danger. Kazuyuki-dono didn't give us much advice for this climb, but he very strongly stated and emphasized that ONE piece of advice, so there's no doubt in my mind we need to stick to it if we want to accomplish this."

"Fine," Inosuke said. "Just this once, I'll stifle my urge to run."

"That's great, Inosuke!" Tanjiro said enthusiastically. "You won't regret it!"

However, despite following Kazuyuki's advice, they barely made it halfway up the mountain before they collapsed and passed out from the temperatures and the environment.

They woke up the next day in recovery.