Season 1 Episode 8. Gyokko is defeated

"Remember that boiling anger," Muichiro thought. "I saw my brother die before my eyes. I saw the abyss of death. If help hadn't come along, I would have died. Even if I lose my memory... my body will remember... that anger will not leave me until I die. It's why I trained so hard that I coughed up blood... to destroy demons and completely eradicate them from this world."

"BEHOLD MY MAGNIFICENCE WHEN I GET SERIOUS!" Gyokko exclaimed proudly.

Gyokko zipped across the area in all directions, using a blood demon art where he moved at fast speeds to strike his target multiple times.

"What kind of food shall I make out of you? I'll rip off your head and replace it with a fish head!" Gyokko exclaimed. "This is the end!"

Gyokko approached Muichiro from behind and attempted to strike him.

"Mist Breathing, seventh form," Muichiro breathed deeply. "Obscuring clouds!"

Muichiro appeared to disappear.

"He disappeared!" Gyokko thought.

Gyokko saw Muichiro behind him, but when he tried to strike, Muichiro appeared to disappear again.

"Again?" Gyokko thought. "What the-"

Gyokko saw Muichiro near a tree, tried to strike him, but he disappeared again.

"What's going on!?" Gyokko thought. "Where did he go!?"

Gyokko looked around, but couldn't see Muichiro anywhere.

"It's as if... as if... he's shrouded... in mist!" Gyokko thought.

Gyokko spotted Muichiro behind him, but was too slow to attack again, and Muichiro disappeared again.

"Hey... you..." Muichiro's voice echoed throughout the clearing. "You... did you think you were the only one that wasn't taking this fight seriously before?"

Muichiro effortlessly severed Gyokko's head.

"This brat finally showed himself! He finally showed his true power! I have to get out of here fast and report this to that man!" Gyokko thought. "What!? Everything's upside down! HE CUT OFF MY HEAD!? HE CUT OFF MY HEAD HE CUT OFF MY HEAD HE CUT OFF MY HEAD!"

"This is the end," Muichiro said. "Goodbye. You don't ever need to be reborn."

"NO! IMPOSSIBLE! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Gyokko thought. "I LOST TO A CHILD!? ME!? WONDERFUL ME!?"

"AAAARGH! THIS CAN'T BE!" Gyokko screamed. "ME!? LOSING MY HEAD TO A MERE HUMAN!? I AM WORTH A HUNDRED OF YOU! I AM A CHOSEN BEING! A SUPERIOR BEING! YOU UNGRATEFUL MAGGOTS!"

Muichiro sliced Gyokko's head into a million tiny little pieces with his sword.

"That's enough," Muichiro said. "Shut up and go to hell already."

Mist Breathing's 7th form, obscuring clouds, is a technique Muichiro created himself. It uses wildly fluctuating speeds to confuse the enemy and make the user appear to be teleporting. When you show yourself, you move incredibly slow, but when you're hidden, you move in the blink of an eye. The technique's fast speed is even faster than Gyokko's top speed, even in his strongest form as upper rank 5.

Already poisoned and injured, Muichiro not only took down a member of the kizuki SINGLE HANDEDLY, but an UPPER RANK DEMON, which is unheard of. Defeating an upper rank demon is already something that is virtually unheard of, but Muichiro did it ENTIRELY BY HIMSELF when he was POISONED AND INJURED, and when Gyokko was in his strongest form.

This was an incredible turn of events.