IX

Heavy clouds took over the bright blue sky as the winter was coming closer with each passing day. The cold air traveled along the rooms inside of the base, running from one corridor to another before eventually warming up and leaving unnoticed by anyone else in the concrete fortress. The steps of the soldiers were echoing from one side of the base to another, as the unknown to the outsider's tasks were completed every day. The air was peaceful, enough to be suspicious of the silence hiding in the tall mountains.

The heavy pen fell down on the captain's desk as the last line of the report was finally written on the long sheet of paper. The messy handwriting of the man was describing the events his body and mind would pay any price to forget. But, everyone chooses their own destiny and so did John, a long time ago when joined the forces. For some moments, it felt as if the captain didn't know any other life outside of his work. Going from one mission to another, believing to be on the right side of history, and repeating it all over again from one year to another. His skills were becoming better as the nightmares were blurring with reality. A couple of bottles of pills had a permanent place on Price's nightstand, keeping the man's demons in control. But, as the gaze of the blue eyes traveled along the peaceful landscape of the mountains, anger was building up in the man's body. Nothing was coming from Laswell, complete radio silence, not even a sentence. It felt as if Makarov had disappeared under the ground, but John knew that the rats come out in the darkness, as soon as they stopped hearing the movements. And all he could do during the long winter days was wait. 

"C'mon in!" The loud knock on the door made the man come back into the room, as his deep voice escaped from beneath the quiet room into the crowded corridor.

"Hello, Price," Amelia peaked inside, before finally stepping into the room and letting the heavy door creek from the sudden movement, as it was keeping the conversation of the two hidden from the curious ears.

"Hello, love," The captain was looking out of the window, watching nature changing in seconds as the clouds quickly floated along the sky and let the strong and rare rays of the sun come through the gray cotton candy clouds.

"Laswell asked to bring all of your team's medical records," Thick folders were sitting in the woman's arms she couldn't help but wonder what was happening in the man's head. What kind of thoughts kept him up at night or what was so interesting in the outside world that kept all of his attention on it?

"Thanks, keep it on the desk, love," Finally, John let his head turn in the direction of a brunette, pointing out the last unoccupied spot on the hardwood desk. Even if there was a hint of a mess in his workplace, there was no space for the mess inside Price's mind. 

"Anything I can help you with, Captain?" Knight let her eyes run along the reports on the desk, trying to understand the world of the man. There was an unknown force that was attracting her to him, just like a moth to the flame, yet the other side was full of mystery that was pushing her away onto the cold floor.

"You think you can?" One step after another, John finally took his eyes off the window, understanding that the conversation wouldn't end just there. The distance between the two was shortening with each moment, and now, instead of looking at the rough peaks of the mountains, the gaze of the brown eyes fell into a trap of the blues, letting her drown in them fast and irrevocably.

"I can at least try," Amelia whispered into the captain's lips before her body met with the hard surface of the desk, and left no choice but to let herself sit on it and draw the man closer to her.

Cold woman's hands fell onto the strong shoulders of the man as his lips were tenderly touching hers. Carefully, as if taking the first bite of the summer fruit, John let himself take control of the kiss. Price's tongue was possessively playing with hers, feeling the soft fingers getting into his short hair. The mixed aroma of the captain's musk, cigars, and stained ink on his fingers was drunkening a brunette, as she was letting herself loose all the possible control over her mind and thoughts. Both knew that whatever happened in his office on that day was wrong, but only kept on going further. The strong grip of the man's hands fell onto her waist, holding the body of a woman even closer. Amelia had to break the kiss when the room felt too suffocating. Short hairs of his beard were leaving soft marks on the porcelain skin before a hot breath of a brunette didn't touch the soft skin of John's neck. The silence felt comforting, as the gaze of the eyes were on each other, forgetting about the damned world outside of the base for a split second. Captain's hands were traveling along the undiscovered skin covered by the medical uniform of Knight. Maybe, for just a moment Amelia caught herself off guard in the strong grip of his hands as the soft moan escaped out of her lips.

"Look at you, I haven't even done anything and you are already moaning in this dusty office," A smirk appeared on Price's face, as he was happy to see the results of his own actions, feeling how with just a touch of his hands a brunette in his arms was already getting to the edge. 

"Guess I am bad with self-control today, sir," A woman let her eyes rise up just to meet the gaze of the man's blue eyes on her. Taking his hand off her thigh, a captain's thumb was softly caressing the skin of her cheek, keeping the look of her eyes on his.

"Let's test it, dove," John whispered, placing both of his hands on the surface of the table and giving no other view to a woman except for his own self. The hint of the man's smirk was still present on his face, as he noticed the heavy breathing of a woman as his body was towering over hers. "I am not going to touch you in this office."

"But be careful by tasting my patience, John. Might turn out you are actually testing yours," Amelia whispered into the man's lips, before catching the look of his eyes. In a rapid, but full of emotions her lips caught the captain in a kiss. But this time, a woman was having her own plans for the next moments she was in control. Having Price's taste on her lips, a brunette broke the kiss before she could realize it. Leaving them both unsatisfied with it, and deeper inside craving for more.

And what do people like him do when they want more? They bring the whole world down, but get it.