LXIII

The dark clouds were floating along the endless dark sky, awaiting the meeting with the sun as another sunrise had to bathe Herefordshire in the light of the warm sunbeams. Spring was taking back the power from winter, letting the days become longer, as the warm wind knocked on everyone's doors. Melted snow turned into rivers on the broken asphalt along the rural road, bringing the bird's songs to the empty fields and tall trees.

Life in the countryside was different from the city. Instead of the honk of an angry car, the sounds of nature flew into the house in the middle of nowhere in the first hours of the morning. The sun was playing with the faces of a couple lying in the cuddles of the warm, and soft bed. Amelia gave up any attempts to catch the last moments of sleep, as her sleepy gaze traveled around the room. John, on the other side, was wrapped in the peace of the early morning, as he quietly snored into the soft fabric of the pillow with his hand wrapped around the brunette's body. Knight caught herself smiling at the captain as if she was a teenager again having the biggest crush in her life. But, instead of worry and anxiety the feeling of falling in love follows us around, a woman felt nothing but calmness in her mind. Not wishing to wake him up, Amelia escaped the trap of Price's arm. The wooden frame of the bed squeaked under her weight in betrayal, giving a man a sign about the movements on the other side of the bed.

"You're not leaving me alone here, love," John's hand found hers a moment before a brunette was ready to leave the soft trap of the bed. The captain's voice was even lower than it usually was, as the sleeplessness was still noticeable in the blue eyes of the man. In the warmth of the morning light, Price seemed softer than any other time. As if there was no weight of the whole world on his shoulders, nor the years of pain, tragedies, death, and disasters his eyes had seen throughout the years of the man's career.

"C'mon Price, we can't spend the whole day in bed," Amelia's body fell back onto the bed, right in the arms of the captain. The messy hair of the woman covered her face, as the soft laughter traveled downstairs, echoing in the empty rooms of the house.

"Why not, dove?" Price caught the look of the brown eyes on his face, creating eye contact between them as the bodies of the two were bathed in the sun rays. His large palm fixed the messy hairs of a brunette behind her ear, opening the view of her face to his gaze.

"Who are you and what did you do to my John?" For a split moment, a woman looked at John with the most serious face she could do in the early hours of the morning, just to burst into soft laughter right away.

The man's large hands were holding a strong grip around her body as if John was scared that the brunette in his bed would disappear just as fast as she appeared in his life. Price was used to losing people in his life. Whether it was to death, their own choice, or anything else in the world, he went through it all. But even the most stubborn man on the base who John Price was, wants a bite of love. And Amelia was the one who gave him the whole fucking cake.

Knight found herself on the top of the captain, as the distance between their bodies was almost nonexistent. Her cold fingertips were drawing the unknown to Price figures on his haired, strong chest. Amelia tried to find the most comfortable position on the top of the man, shifting the weight of her body. A soft smirk was painted over the woman's face, as she felt John's boner in an early hour of the morning. "Morning wood, captain?"

"Looks like I will need your help with it, love," John's hands landed on her tights, and his dark blue eyes were watching the woman taking control over his body, pleasure, mind, and heart. Price was used to holding the control in his hands as if it were a cup of freshly steeped tea. He questioned the orders of his superiors and rarely was controlled by someone other than his mind. But, all things in life tend to change, even if just temporarily.