Two

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

"4B's got post-op pneumonia. Let's start antibiotics." A male intern tells a nurse that I don't recognize.

"Are you sure that's the right diagnosis?" The nurse asks him.

"Well I don't know I'm only an intern. Here's an idea why don't you go spend four years in med school and then let me know if it's the right diagnosis. She's short of breath. She's got fever. She's post-op. Start the antibiotics." The intern says causing the nurse to leave in a huff and the intern to walk over to me.

"God I hate nurses. I'm Alex Karev. I'm with Jeremy. You're with the Nazi right?" Alex tells me.

"Her name is Dr. Bailey. It is not nice to call her a nazi. Besides that patient may not have pneumonia. She could be splinting or have a PE."

"Like I said I hate nurses." Alex tells me when Mommy walks over to us, clearly having heard what he said.

"What did you just say? Did you just call Clarissa a nurse?" Mommy asks Alex with a glare on her face.

"Ah if the white cap fits." Alex says when Mommy's pager goes off and she runs out of the ward.

"So what's your name beautiful?" Alex asks me.

"My name is Dr. Clarissa Grey as my adoptive mother/biological sister Dr. Meredith Grey said. Never disrespect the nurses here because they are who help doctors run this hospital run smoothly. And I am not interested in dating you because I am with someone else." I tell Alex when I walk into one of the rooms. Looking at my patient chart, I see that it is my appendectomy surgery patient from earlier.

"Hi there Ms. Stone, my name is Dr. Clarissa Grey and I will be going over your recovery plan with you." I tell my patient Alessia Stone while filling up a cup of water for her.

"Alright dear." Alessia tells me.

"Rest when you feel tired. Getting enough sleep will help you recover. Try to walk each day. Start by walking a little more than you did the day before. Bit by bit, increase the amount you walk. For about two weeks, avoid lifting anything that would make you strain. You can take a shower. No drinking or driving until you are no longer taking pain medication. Drink plenty of fluids and I would suggest starting to reintroduce solid food slowly as to not aggravate your stomach. Also you will need to take these laxatives until you can go regularly." I tell my patient while pointing to the bottle of laxatives on the wheeling table.

"If you are taking any medicine regularly, Dr. Burke told me to advise you not to for a week following surgery. I believe a week from tomorrow is when you can do so."

"How about being sexually active?" Alessia asks me, causing my eyebrows to lift up in surprise.

"A month or two at the earliest. Leave the tape on your for a week or until it falls off. You may wash the incision area with warm soapy water twenty-four to forty-eight hours after surgery and pat the area dry. Keep the area clean and dry and make sure to cover it with gauze."