Thirteen

Amelia's POV

Amelia's POV

"I got you out of pre-rounds." Clarissa blinks her sleepy blue eyes while I laid back down beside her on her bed. Clarissa wanted to cuddle last night and I couldn't refuse her, especially after what she went through with that bottle blonde bitch.

"How? Dr. Bailey gets mad when we skip." Clarissa tells me while cuddling into me and I begin to feed her, her breakfast.

"Well before we went on our date last night, I bumped into her and explained what happened. She said that as long as you get there by eight, that's fine with her. I'm going to drive you to work using Addison's car."

"Mommy and Mama need to oil their bed springs." Clarissa says before kissing my lips and I kissed her back.

"Oh yeah they definitely need to do that. After today, I won't able to come here for a couple of months."

"You are a neuro fellow and that requires a lot of work." Clarissa tells me with a smile before eating more of her breakfast.

"You've got to be the most amazing person in the world angel. None of my other significant others were ever patient with me."

"Am I the first girl you have dated?" Clarissa asks me.

"Yeah, but that's because no other girl has ever made my heart feel warm like you do. And I haven't dated guys in years. So basically you're my relationship since I got sober years ago."

"Oh. I am glad that I am your first." Clarissa says with a shy smile.

"Me too angel."

                                 ************************
Clarissa's POV

"O'Malley, Yang, Karev, Grey go on to clinic. Stevens, you're on scut and Clarissa you're with me today." Dr. Bailey tells us before everyone leaves us and I followed her to a patient's room. There I see a girl around eighteen nervously biting her nails while her parents stood next to her. Dr. Bailey hands me the girl's chart and I entered the room.

"Hi. I am Dr. Clarissa Grey, but you can call me Clarissa. My mom also works here so it will be easier to avoid the confusion." I say before looking in the girl's chart to see that her name's Claire Rice and she's seventeen.

"I'm Tina Rice and this is my husband Joseph. I think Claire got some bug on her trip to Mexico with her friends. I told her not to go to a Third-World country, but does she ever listen?" Tina tells me.

"She's been weak ever since and she's lost weight. And this morning, she passed out in the shower." Joseph worriedly tells me while holding his daughter's hand.

"Barely." Tina mutters, causing my blood to boil at how uncaring this woman was towards her daughter.

"When was the trip?"

"A couple weeks ago. I'm really fine. I just have a fever." Claire tells me.

"Ok, well, will you lie back for an exam for me?"

"No, please, I don't need an exam. Just give me some antibiotics and send me home." Claire begs me.

"Well, maybe it is just a fever, but they called down for a surgeon, so I have to give the ok to let you go. So just let me do the exam."

"This is crazy. I'm fine." Claire tells me.

"For God's sake, Claire, I don't want to spend my entire day here." Tina says, causing me to mentally take some deep breaths. Well then you can leave but your daughter needs to be treated!

"You know, actually, Mrs. Rice, this might be easier if we had some privacy. So would you two mind leaving the room? There is a cafeteria here that serves the best breakfast sandwiches and hot chocolate in town. I do not drink coffee but my mom has told me that it is good here."

"Come on Tina." Joseph says before he and his wife leave the room. Claire lies down and I begin to examine her stomach, feeling that it was painful based on Claire's facial expressions.

"Your mom seems opinionated."

"She's an ass. I get good grades and that's not enough for her. She thinks I need to lose weight because I'm apparently fat." Claire tells me and I sighed before lifting up her shirt to reveal pink bariatric scars.

"Where did you get these? Claire, you had surgery recently. These scars are still pink. You did this in Mexico so your parents would not know. What did you get done there?"

"Don't tell my parents." Clarissa tells me.

"You are under eighteen so I have no choice but to tell them. Claire, I will not let your mother talk to you that way anymore."

"How can you do that?" Claire asks me.

"I have my ways of getting people to see reason." Claire smiles and I walk out of the room, paging Dr. Bailey. Dr. Bailey walks over to me and I hand her Claire's chart.

"How is your Pit patient?" Dr. Bailey asks me, handing me the chart back.

"She is febrile and has peritoneal signs. I think she had some sort of illegal surgery done in Mexico."

"Botched abortion?" Dr. Bailey asks me.

"No! She has four laparoscopic scars on her abdomen and will not say what they are from, the parents are clueless. But she did tell me that her mom is never happy with her, despite her getting good grades. The woman has the audacity to say that she needs to lose weight and I want to tell her off."

"As long as you do it in a respectful manner, I don't care if you tell the woman off. You are advocating for Claire, not her parents. Order up a CT and then go take your break." Dr. Bailey says before leaving.

                               *******************************

Addison's POV

"Hi butterfly." Clarissa smiles in response before hugging me and I hugged her back. The two of us sat on the bench outside the hospital with Clarissa swinging her legs back and forth. Clarissa takes her hot chocolate and turkey sandwich from me with a smile on her face.

"I was talking to Meredith the other day about adopting you as my own daughter. She's okay with it, but since you're an adult you have to sign off on it."

"Of course I want that Mama. Finally I will have your name as well. Do your parents and brother know about this?" Clarissa rambles and I kissed her head.

"They know and are very excited to meet you Clarissa."

"Well I very excited to meet them too. I never really had grandparents because my biological maternal grandparents died when I was born and I have no idea who my father is. All Mommy told me is that we do not share the same father." Clarissa tells me. Meredith told me that Clarissa was the product of a one night stand between Ellis and her boss in Boston. The man didn't want anything to do with Clarissa. Ellis almost gave her up for adoption until she stared at Clarissa's eyes and knew that she was special. Meredith raised Clarissa but Ellis always loved her, she just wasn't made for motherhood.

"Well that man missed out on having a wonderful daughter like you. And I'm sure that your grandparents would have adored you if they met you."

"I know Mama. Love you." Clarissa says before kissing my cheek.

"Love you too Clarissa."