Seventeen

Addison's POV

Addison's POV

Secrets can't hide in science. Medicine has a way of exposing the lies. Within the walls of the hospital, the truth is stripped bare. How we keep our secrets outside the hospital...Well, that's a little different. One thing is certain. Whatever it is we're trying to hide, we're never ready for that moment when the truth gets naked. Meredith's currently breastfeeding Clarissa in our bed while Clarissa was playing with one of my hands. The phone rings and Meredith answers it while running a hand through Clarissa's hair. Clarissa hasn't been herself ever since she talked to the women from the FBI the other day. She's regressed to a baby state, hardly speaking when she's not at work. Those agents were worried about Clarissa based on her behaviour during their interview and gave us their personal phone numbers in case we wanted to contact them.

"Is she all right? Can I call you later, then? I have work and I need to talk to Clarissa about it." Meredith says before hanging up the phone.

'Who is calling you at this hour?"

"My mother's nurse." Meredith says before Clarissa unlatches from Meredith's breast and eats her breakfast while laying her head on Meredith's chest.

"Are we going to visit Ellis, Mommy?" Clarissa asks Meredith.

"I don't know yet. Why don't you go get your things and come get ready in our bathroom?" Meredith replies and Clarissa immediately does what's asked of her.

"I'm getting Amelia to come back to Seattle tonight or tomorrow. Don't tell her yet because I want to surprise her."

"Gotcha Addie." Meredith says before we share a kiss and Clarissa enters our room, heading to our bathroom.

"So is Alex going to be living with us permanently? Not that I mind because he's kind to my butterfly."

"Yeah. He couldn't pay the rent because he had to give some money to his family. Clarissa knows more but I'm not going to ask her about that. Alex and Clarissa have a bond that we're never going to understand. But she asked me yesterday if Alex could move in because of his situation and I agreed because Clarissa just doesn't want him to be homeless." Meredith says when Clarissa comes out of the bathroom and I couldn't help but smile at her. She had on her blue Winnie the Pooh scrubs and a braid in her hair that had a Winnie the Pooh elastic holding it together.