Eleven

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. "Never leave that till tomorrow," he said, "which you can do today." This is the man who discovered electricity. You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection. Sometimes, the fear is just of making a decision. Because, what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? Whatever it is we're afraid of, one thing holds true. That, by the time the pain of not doing a thing gets worse than the fear of doing it, it can feel like we're carrying around a giant tumour. Entering the kitchen, I see George and Dylan making coffee while eating some donuts.

"Good morning Clarissa. Meredith already left for work. I offered to take you to work since my shift doesn't start for the next couple of hours." Dylan explained to me while handing me a carrot muffin.

"Thank you for letting me know and the muffin. You remembered that carrot muffins are my favourite."

"Of course I remembered." Dylan says with a smile on his face before the three of us leave the house and get into Dylan's car. Dylan starts driving and I looked out the window while eating my muffin.

"How are you since the incident?" George asks me, referring to Izzie's party that happened two days ago. Having Alex seeing me in that state wasn't something I wanted to talk about right now or ever for that matter.

"I really do like this muffin."

"That's Clarissa's way of saying she doesn't want to talk about it." Dylan tells George when we arrive at the hospital and we get out of the car. George and I run into the hospital and headed towards the locker room. Putting my things into my locker, I run out and bumped into Mommy and Cristina.

"You did not wake me up." Mommy wraps her arms around me before kissing my head.

"Sorry little one. I just thought you deserved the extra sleep." Mommy explains and I sighed before throwing my muffin wrapper in the garbage. George runs over to us and Dr. Bailey looks over at us.

"George, you're late." Dr. Bailey says, not wanting to say that I was also late.

"So is the retarded freak." Izzie says.

"When we walk in this door, you will maintain decorum. You will not laugh, vomit, or drop you jaw. Are we understood?"  Dr. Bailey tells us, causing me to look at her in confusion.

"Why would we laugh?" Dr. Bailey gives me a smile before we entered the room and I see a woman lying in the bed.

"Good morning, Miss Connors." Dr. Bailey greets the woman when I noticed that the lady has a large tumour on her abdomen.

"Good morning." Miss Connors says with a nervous smile.

"Good morning, Annie. How are you? This is Dr. Bailey and these are my fellow interns." Alex tells Annie.