Twenty-Six

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

"You scared us a little there. How's her workup coming?" Dr. Burke tells both Kalpana and I. Kalpana was in her bed and I still couldn't shake the feeling that this wasn't an accident. That this pill was taken on purpose in order to make her sick.

"Uh electrolytes are within normal limits. Urine tox was negative and EKG is fine. Till test is scheduled for noon. Oh and she is on contraceptives. She did not tell Cristina and I before so I documented it in her medicine list."

"Fine. Take her down for an echo." Dr. Burke tells me.

"An echo? What about cardioversion or ablation? Won't I need a pacemaker or a permanent internal defibrillator?" Kalpana tells us and I realize that she made herself sick. Her PHD's in neuropharmacology so she knows what pills can make her sick.

"Although it would be unusual for rheumatic heart disease to cause ventricular dysrhythmias we still got to check your valves." Dr. Burke tells Kalpana before he and I leave the room.

"Sir, I believe that she is purposely trying to make herself sick." Tyler hands me Kalpana's medical records and I look inside to see that she's been in four other hospitals with the exact same symptoms.

"Dr. Burke, Kalpana has been in four other hospitals this year. Plus she wanted to be tested for cardioversion or ablation and her doctorate is in neuropharmacology. Meaning that she knows what medication will do the right damage to her. I believe that she has Munchausen's Syndrome."

"You're correct on that. What do you suggest Clarissa?" Dr. Burke asks me.

"Treat the physical symptoms and get a psychiatrist to treat her mental health. I can call my psychiatrist and she can treat Kalpana."

"Call her and I'll get a nurse to monitor her. Oh and Clarissa you can call me Preston. Did you know Cristina was pregnant?" Dr. Burke tells me.

"I did know but it is not my place to tell anyone of her pregnancy. Cristina is one of my best friends and I will never betray her trust in me."

"Okay." Dr. Burke says before leaving and I began to dial Sarah's number on my phone.

"Sarah, are you still at the hospital?"

"Yes I am love. Everything okay?" Sarah asks me.

"With me yes, but my patient may have Munchausen's Syndrome. Do you think you can meet me outside Room 2121 in a few hours?"

"Of course I can. I'll see you in two hours." Sarah says before hanging up and I started walking to Ellis' room to see that it's empty.

"Tyler, did George take Ellis to get some tests?" Tyler looks inside the room and shakes his head.

"No." Tyler tells me and I sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"Okay I will find her. Can you please go to Miss Vera's room and watch her? Just until Dr. Burke and I get there. She has Munchausen's Syndrome."