Thirty-Five

Addison's POV

I was putting the turkey in the oven while my older brother Archer was making the cranberry sauce. Since Clarissa and Amelia are getting ready to head over to Nancy's house, they can't help us. Clarissa already met Mark, Archer and my father Adam "The Captain" Montgomery. She absolutely adores them and I know that they absolutely adore her as well. Meredith would have helped but she has to work a half day today, so she couldn't but promised to bring a dessert home. George went to spend the morning with his father and brothers, inviting Dylan to tag along. Lexie and her family are already in the living room with Mark and my father. Callie enters the kitchen and gives me a warm smile.

"Thanks for having me over." Callie tells me and I give her a smile. Clarissa invited Callie over for Thanksgiving when she heard that Callie would be spending the holiday alone. Alex was spending the day with Annabelle and Timothy before bringing them back here for dinner. He asked us if they could stay over for the weekend because he didn't want them at home by themselves. We said yes but we're going to allow them to live with us and Meredith's going to tell Alex later on tonight.

"You're our friend and we don't want you to be alone on any holiday. You're always welcome here with us." Callie smiles when Clarissa and Amelia both entered the kitchen with smiles on their faces.

"Doesn't she look good or what?" Amelia asks, referring to Clarissa's outfit. She was wearing a lavender dress with lavender flats to match. Her hair was in a ponytail that was held up by a lavender butterfly hair tie.

"You look beautiful mija." Callie said with a warm smile, causing Clarissa to smile.

"You look beautiful my little butterfly. If the other adult Shepherds make you feel uncomfortable tell Amelia and she'll bring you home."

"Yes Mama." Clarissa says before heading into the living room to tell everyone that she was leaving.

"If they say anything rude, tell me and I'll make sure they regret it."

"Don't worry I'll tell you and make sure they regret it." Amelia says before leaving the kitchen.

**************************

Clarissa's POV

"You must be Dr. Clarissa Grey-Montgomery. I'm Dr. Nancy Shepherd." Nancy says with a smile on her face. Her house was big and spacious that it could fit two of my houses in here.

"Nice to meet you too." Amelia gives Nancy a forced smile before a boy with curly black hair and brown eyes walks over to us.

"Aunt Amy. Is this your girlfriend Clarissa?" The boy asks Amelia.

"That's her. Clarissa, this is Lucas Adams and he's Nancy's son." Amelia explains to us when I give the young boy a smile.

"It is lovely to meet you Lucas. Your aunt tells me that you want to be a doctor when you are older."

"Yeah, but school is hard and I don't do well in my classes." Lucas tells me with a frown.

"Are you trying hard in school?" Lucas nods in response before I use my finger to raise his chin up to face me.

"Then you can still be a doctor. If you ever need help with school, you can call me and I will help you. I will give you my cell phone number after lunch." Lucas hugs me and I hugged him back.

"Where do you keep your corkscrew? We got to get it in before she gets here. Is that..." Another woman says entering the living room with a bottle of wine in her hands.

"Hello Kathleen." Amelia muttered while I give Lucas a smile.

"Hey Lucas, can you please get your Aunt Amy and I some soda?" Lucas nods and leaves the living room.

"Is it just us?"

"My mother's in the kitchen Clarissa. Our husbands are out of town and our other sister Liz is out of town as well. But my two other children and Kathleen's children are down for their nap." Nancy says before bringing us into the dining room and we take our seats. Lucas and a woman with grey hair entered the dining room.

"That's my mother Carolyn Shepherd." Amelia tells me and I nod before Lucas sits on the other chair beside me.

"Aunt Amy told me that you did a surgery by yourself in the elevator. Is that true?" Lucas asks me with wonder shining in his eyes.

"My friend held the light so I could see what I was doing, but technically yes I did. I do not encourage you to do that. It was an emergency situation and I did many years of school."

"I promise not to do that." Lucas vows before I give him a smile.

"Would you like some wine Clarissa?" Carolyn asks me.

"No thank you ma'am. I do not drink alcohol because I do not like the taste."

"What adult doesn't like wine?" Kathleen asks me before I take a sip of my orange soda.

"Me. If I wanted it, I would have taken it when your mother offered me some."

"Clarissa, when Lucas told us he invited you and Amelia to lunch I thought you were going to be a drug addict with tattoos. But Amelia loves to be unpredictable, so maybe it makes sense. It keeps things interesting. She has a history of false starts when it comes to dating." Nancy tells me.

"She thinks we gang up on her. She provokes it, though. Honestly, I always thought she was more addicted to drama than the drugs. But, I mean good thing she found someone that doesn't touch drugs or alcohol. Though you should be more concerned about the pills in your bathroom. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." Carolyn says and I raise an eyebrow at her before standing up and clench my jaw.

"That is enough! You do not get to talk about Amelia like that! Your husband was murdered in front of her when she was a child and you stopped being her mother. You did not get her the help she needed so she turned to drugs to cope. And you two witches have been badmouthing Amelia ever since we got here. Your son sexually assaulted me and in response to learning about that disowned Amelia and Mark for defending me. No wonder Derek thinks he is a god because you treat him like one! You three, that Liz and Derek all make fictional villains seem like heroes in comparison. The difference between you guys and Amelia is that she admits her faults and works hard to improve herself. Also help your son in school Nancy instead of berating him for not doing well in school!" Lucas and Amelia both look at me with smiles on the faces while the rest had their mouths open in shock.

"Lucas, would you like to come over for dinner at my house?" Lucas nods with a big smile on his face.

"Yes please Clarissa." Lucas says before I give him a smile.