Twenty-Five

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

The key to surviving a surgical internship is determination. We have to be determined to succeed to push away the tiredness away. Determined to face our fears of failure in order to succeed. But it's not always easy to face our fears, no matter how determined we are.

"I want everyone focused today. With Cristina out we're short an intern and I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days. And Karev see the chief by the end of the day." Dr. Bailey tells us as we started walking towards one of the patient rooms for rounds.

"What for?" Alex asks Dr. Bailey.

"Do I look psychic to you? He is the chief. He asked. You go. Oh and Stevens you have to see him right now." Dr. Bailey says before Izzie storms off and I look over at Alex.

"What did she do?"

"Don't worry about it sunshine." Alex tells me when we enter a room to see Dr. Burke's patient, Kalpana Vera telling a story to the staff here.

"So we're in the middle of the Bilasian jungle and this jaguar jumps out and bites one of the guys. They all look at me, you're a doctor, help him. This is one time a PHD does no good." Kalpana says, causing my eyes to widen in fascination.

"I'm sorry did I miss the bell for social hour?" Dr. Bailey says, causing everyone to scatter out of the room and I couldn't help but smile at how the most accomplished nurse and doctor are afraid of Dr. Bailey.