Eighteen

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

Dr. Webber's standing on a stage in front of a room full of doctors and interns with Patricia seated near him. Mommy was sitting next to me on my left side and Alex sat next to me on my right side.

"Three interns, four residents and six nurses on this surgical floor have been diagnosed with syphilis." Richard said, causing my face to turn red while Mommy hugs me close to her. I don't have syphilis, but it's still an embarrassing topic to hear.

"There are over 70,000 new cases every year. Undiagnosed, syphilis can lead to blindness, insanity and death." Patricia says while I put my head in Mommy's shoulder, not wanting to see anyone looking at me.

"If you are having unprotected sex with another member of the staff, get tested. This is not a request. Patricia will now give you a safe-sex demonstration." Dr. Webber says before I hear people laughing and I feel Mommy running her hand over my back.

"When the time is right, and, gentlemen, you'll all know when that time is, carefully open the condom packet and roll it onto the banana." Patricia says before I take a peek and see her putting a condom on a banana.

"I am not eating bananas for a long time."

"It's okay little one. You don't have to worry about this." Mommy tells me when I notice Virginia talking to Dr. Webber before they both leave the room.

"Open communication is essential to a healthy relationship. In a responsible relationship...." Patricia says, but I wasn't listening because I was hoping that Dr. Webber's okay.

"The slut clearly doesn't need any lessons. She's had enough experience with guys and women." Izzie shouts, causing everyone to look at me. Feeling everyone's eyes on me, I get up and run out of the room with tears falling down my face. Heading into an on-call room, I shut the door and sit down on one of the beds. Grabbing the scissors from my coat pocket, I started to carve the word 'slut' on my stomach.

"I hate what people have done to me. That I feel disgusting and ashamed of myself for something that is not my fault." Tears continue to fall down my face as I continue to carve the word onto my stomach when the door opens revealing Cristina. Her eyes widened when she sees what I'm doing and rushes over to grab the scissors from my hands.