Thirty-Six

Amelia's POV

"We're home and we've brought a guest with us." Doc runs over to us and licks Clarissa's face while Lucas was petting him.

"Lucas, this is my dog Doc." Clarissa tells Lucas while I walked over to Addison and sit down on the couch beside her.

"How did it go?" Mark asks me from his seat beside Lexie.

"Clarissa told them off for belittling me and Lucas. But she kept her language PG rated even though she was pissed off. She invited Lucas because she could sense that he'd be caught in the crossfires later on. Hope you don't mind."

"Of course we don't mind." Addison reassures me when Lucas walks over and hugs them.

"Clarissa taught me how to spell my name using ASL. Do you guys want to see?" Lucas eagerly asks us.

"Sure buddy." Mark says with a smile on his face.

"L-U-C-A-S A-D-A-M-S." Lucas signs with an accomplished smile on his face.

"You did great sweetheart." Addison says when Clarissa walks over to us and sits on my lap with a smile on her face before kissing my cheek. Clarissa told Lucas that she had autism and he was extremely accepting of her.

"Am I your cushion now?"

"No Amelia. You are my treasure and I just want to be close to you." Clarissa tells me and I hug her close to me before kissing the top of her head.

"Clarissa at least doesn't make fun of me for not doing well in school despite her being a genius." Lucas tells us.

"Lucas you are smart just in a different way. You got the hang of signing your name immediately while our friends George and Alex are still trying to figure that out. You know I did not understand what the barista at the coffee shop meant and explained it to me. My brain does not understand social cues, but it understands other things. We are smart in our own way and I want you to try and remember that when people tell you that you are not smart." Clarissa tells Lucas with a smile on her face.

"Aunt Amy, please marry Clarissa. She is the best." Lucas says, causing everyone to chuckle while I blushed.

"Let me show you around the house." Clarissa tells Lucas before they leave the living room with Doc following after them. I've never thought of marriage before meeting Clarissa, but Lucas is making me reconsider.

                                                 **************************

Meredith's POV

"Clary, what kind of doctor are you? Alex told me that you're the best doctor there." Timothy tells Clarissa with a smile on his face. Clarissa was entertaining Lucas and Timothy in the living room while the rest of us are in the dining room.

"I am still learning how to be a surgeon so I do not know what kind of doctor I am just yet. But Alex is also a good doctor, but is a better person and and big brother. If you have a problem and cannot reach your mommy, Alex will help you." Clarissa says while I turn to face Alex.

"Haha you're a better person." I tease Alex while Annabelle playfully shakes her head at us. Alex smiles before drinking his coffee and Amelia walks into the living room to be with them.

"Honestly Meredith, Amelia said that Clarissa was a badass today at Nancy's house. Those bitchy women were speechless after Clarissa said her peace." Archer tells me.

"My little one has that effect on people. Ask Addie or Alex about Savannah's case last week."

"I've never seen Clarissa that angry at a person before. She's gotten upset but she looked at Izzie with such rage that I thought she would have killed Izzie." Alex says with a smile.

"How's Savvy by the way?" Adam asks us.

"She's recovering and then travelling the world with Weiss in a few months." Addison tells her father when Timothy runs into the dining room with a huge smile on his face.

"Clary taught me how to say my name using my hands." Timothy tells his mother.

"Can I see sweet boy?" Annabelle asks Timothy.

"T-I-M-O-T-H-Y T-H-O-M-A-S." Timothy signs.

"Good job sweetheart. I'm proud of you." Annabelle tells her son with a smile on her face.

"I can't even sign my name yet no matter how hard Clarissa teaches me." Alex tells Timothy with a smile of his own.

"She mentioned that to us today." Lexie tells Alex with a smirk on her face.

"Nobody can be as good as Clarissa and those boys, little Grey." Alex says while smiling.

"No we can't Alex."