Thirty-Three

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

When I was in the ninth grade, my English teacher had us read Romeo and Juliet. Then for extra credit, Mr. Marshall made us act out all the parts. Rory Cullen was Romeo and I was Juliet, making me the envy of the other girls in my class. I told Mr. Marshall that I didn't want to kiss Rory or any other boy because I was seven and he was fourteen. Rory didn't want to kiss me either but the other kids and Mr. Marshall called me Clarissa the Retarded Baby. Ellis was pissed when she found out and got Mr. Marshall fired. After that I was moved up to the twelfth grade and the kids there were much nicer. When I was sixteen, I met Rory's cousin Luca who played with my feelings and insecurities. He did that for a few weeks before raping me by saying that it's boyfriends do to their girlfriends when they're in love. Mommy and Ellis both made sure he went to prison for what he did to me. But I don't have to worry about that anymore because I found my true love in Amelia. She was my treasure and I was her angel. Entering the locker room, I see Mommy sitting by her locker with a Hello Kitty band-aid on her forehead and I couldn't help but frown.

"Are you hurt?" Mommy looks up at me while I put my things in my locker.

"Just covering a zit." Mommy tells me when Dr. Bailey enters the locker room and gives us a smile.

"Clarissa, you're with Addison today. You may not be able to do surgery yet, but you can still learn from your other mother. Alex will be doing the surgery in your place, but you can be in the operating room to watch. You can head there now" Dr. Bailey tells me before I leave the locker room and started walking towards Mama's office.

"Did you hear that the retarded slut got Izzie blackballed?" Tracy Newman, an intern tells her friends as I continued walking.

"She's not a slut and I would have gotten Stevens blackballed too." A nurse, Diana Larson tells her with a glare on her face.

"I already told you I don't need an appointment. I'm not a patient; I am Dr. Montgomery's friend from New York." A man tells Olivia at the nurses' station and I decided to go over there.

"I can take over Olivia." Olivia gives me a smile before continuing her work and I turned to face the man.

"Hi. I am Dr. Clarissa Grey-Montgomery and I would gladly bring you to where Dr. Montgomery is."

"You're Addie's daughter. I've heard so much about you. I'm Weiss Hunter and my wife Savannah's her patient." Weiss tells me before the two of us proceeded to walk to Mama's office.

"It is nice to meet you too."

"A month ago Savannah's mother died of ovarian cancer. They were pretty close and ever since then all she could think about was this breast and ovarian cancer gene." Weiss tells me.

"BRCA." The two of us arrived at Mama's office and Mama gives us a smile. Savannah looks over at us, giving me a smile before getting up and walks over to me.