Chapter 5- Excitement

I met up with Peter the next day. It was weird. He felt more like a father figure to me. He and MJ cared about me a lot, and May looked after me as well. The woman always knew what I felt when I was around her. Even if I had my masking face on, May knew how to make it go down and tell her the story of my feelings for the day.

"Come on! Why can't I help take down Kingpin?" I pouted. "I deserve it just as much as you do."

Peter smiled. "You're fourteen. You got bitten two years earlier than I was when I got my powers. You're a little early."

I suddenly remembered my schedule. "Oh, I'm a no show for Friday. I've actually got something in my civilian life."

Peter looked out at the city, more toward his home. "You finally got your MJ."

"How do you know Miles is MJ?" I questioned.

"That look in your eye, kid. I know Miles has it too," Peter admitted. "That spark that you have shows me how close you are to Miles. It shows me the affection you have for him." He looked down at the wedding ring under his glove. "How are things with your parents?"

"Fine," I admitted. "They're not treating me like I'm a guest in their house, at least."

Peter ruffled my loose hair. "Maybe they've finally noticed that they've got an awesome teenage daughter."

"Shut up, I'm only eleven years younger than you!"

~~~

Miles escaped to his uncle's apartment the day after his day with (Y/n). He had a wide grin on his face. Immediately, Aaron knew what that wide smile meant. Miles tried to fight the smile, but failed miserably. Aaron turned on some music and held the punching bag as Miles began his routine punching.

"You got the girl?"

"I got the girl," Miles said proudly as he looked at his uncle.

"That's my nephew." Aaron chuckled, patting Miles on the shoulder. "Tell me about her."

"She's the most amazing and understanding person in the world." Miles talked as he punched the bag. "She's this (e/c)-eyed beauty that could make any guy she made eye contact fall to his knees. She's an artist, also. She loves graffiti and art in general. We're both going to VISIONS. She has this wild side, and it's like she's afraid to show me that she's herself."

Aaron smirked. "It almost sounds like you're in love with this girl, Miles."

"I care a lot about her, man. I would be there in a heartbeat if she called me. If you call that love, then yeah, I'm definitely in love with her."

"When can I meet her?" Aaron joked.

"Well, I'm going to the movies with her on Friday. Pick me up after, you can meet her," Miles reasoned.

"Sounds fun."