Chapter 18- Can't Stop Me Now

The platform took us down. Miles took my hand softly.

"How do I become Spider-Man?" Miles asked.

I looked at him in confusion. "You're already Spider-Man."

He rolled his eyes. "Can you show me how to be Spider-Man? There has to be more to it."

"Well, for one thing," I started as the platform came to a stop, "we need to get you a suit. And some web-shooters." I walked over to my desk and saw that there was a can of black spray-paint and web-shooters. "And it looks like Grandaunt May already thought of everything, like always." I tossed him the can of spray paint. "Now get to work on a new suit," I teased as I worked on a watch for him and Peter.

Miles hummed as he started spraying the suit. He then stopped and looked at me. "Are you going to do this with me?"

I smiled as the watch cover was painted. "Of course. It's long overdue anyway. If we're doing this, we're doing this together."

I heard Miles take the suit out and put it on over his clothes. He had slipped on his jacket, shorts, and sneakers, but left his mask up. He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as the watch finished. Miles let go of me and put on the web shooters, putting his watch on his left wrist right next to his web shooter.

"Thank you, mi amor. For everything," Miles mumbled into my shoulder.

I turned around and smiled at his peaceful expression. "You did all of this by yourself, Miles."

"Not just this. Everything," Miles explained. "From being my best friend to my girlfriend to helping me find me." Miles looked at his watch. "How will Noir know how to work that thing?"

"I left some instructions on it. I don't expect him to know how to work it. He's from the thirties," I explained.

Miles took out my loose ponytail gently. "Get Peter's going. I'll do this."

I smiled as he French braided it while watching the computer copy the programming into the watch and design it into a watch for Spider-Man. Miles finished as the computer beeped. I looked at the four watches and put them gently in my pockets.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I felt the braid. I turned around and smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "My Spiderman."

"My Spiderwoman," Miles replied, kissing me sweetly. "Now, come on, we have a few Spider-People to save."

We made our way to the building and we crawled up opposite sides. I opened my watch and opened Miles's contact. The bright light of the watch was glowing against my skin. I smiled proudly at my work. It was going to connect everyone more than ever.

"There's a building right across from where the collider is, across the river. Know it?" I asked.

"We've both lived in Brooklyn long enough to know where it is," Miles commented.

I giggled, looking down at the city below. "See you there, Miles."

"See you there, (Y/n). I love you," Miles said sincerely.

"I love you too," I said, then flipped my watch closed. "One... two... three!"

I let go of the glass and jumped off, diving face first through the air. It was exhilarating. The wind rushed around me as I fell. I turned around after a moment and shot pressed down on my web shooters, sending webs up to the top of the building.

I swung longly and landed on a bus. I smiled as I jumped from car to car gracefully. I dodged getting hit by a truck by jumping onto it. I shot a web up to another building and curled myself into the web. I swung up and landed on a lower building.

I jumped from building to building, landing in the middle of each with precision. I spotted the building and smirked. I stuck a spiderweb to the top and rounded to the other side of the building. Miles landed right next to me a couple seconds later.

We were both gasping for air, but smiling like fools. We did it. Together.

"You alright?" Miles panted.

"I might've torn something. But other than that, I'm awesome," I breathed.

Miles smiled. "Are you ready to save an alternate version of your dad?"

I looked at the building, thinking of all the things Kingpin had done to me. He had killed my parents and uncle. Attempted to shoot and shot me twice. He had tried to hurt everyone I held close. He was going to hurt everyone else to get what he wanted.

That man was going down.

"Let's do this," I said confidently and swung off.