Chapter 7- Sunflower

Miles and I had been going on dates for three months when Carnage struck again. Peter had said it was very dangerous, and I could see why. It was made up of Peter's blood and a symbiote that could infect anyone at any point.

I heard the crash outside and rushed to put my costume on. I snuck out of the window of my house and swung across the city to where the crash was. The power was shot where Carnage was wreaking havoc.

"Okay. Who let the Carnage out of the test tube?" I questioned before I punched it.

Peter showed up next to me as I back flipped and hit under his chin with my feet. "Don't know, but who did will get a stern talking to by Conners."

The symbiote's long tongue stuck out and looked at me menacingly. I glared at it and turned invisible, smirking. Webs shot out at it from my web shooters, then shocked its body to the degree where it made it spasm. I used a blast laced with electricity to finish it off. An old man fell to the ground, quivering.

"You're getting better at your powers," Peter stated.

"They only work when I don't want them to," I said, frustrated.

"Well, you did something and you're really good at it," Peter assured me.

I moved my sleeve up to look at my watch, listening to the ambulances arrive. My eyes widened. "I gotta go." I started running off.

"Where are you going at this hour?" Peter questioned as my string stuck to the building.

"Somewhere," I said flatly as I swung off.

I changed back into street clothes in a deserted alley and ran down the street. Miles and I agreed the other day to meet at a sweet shop. I ordered apple pie with vanilla ice cream and sat down at a booth, waiting for Miles. He walked in seconds later, ordering something and sitting down across from me.

"First off, are you okay?" Miles asked immediately. "That attack was brutal on more than one street."

"I'm fine. It didn't really affect my street as much except for the loud boom," I explained, lying obviously. "Are you okay, more importantly?"

"I'm better, knowing you're okay." Miles smiled, making me blush as the waitress handed us our desserts.

Miles had chosen a cherry turnover while I had my slice of apple pie with ice cream on the side. He snuck a bite of my ice cream, making me laugh as we ate. We talked about the latest revelations. It was January, and school was halfway over. It was sad that in almost five months, we were leaving the school.

Miles almost looked nervous as sunset fell on the city. I smiled at the sunset. The moon and the stars were faint in the sky. It looked pretty. I got mesmerized by the scene, wanting to stare at it for hours.

"(Y/n)?" Miles caught my attention.

"Yeah?" I said, looking at him with a small smile.

"Do you like going on dates like these?" Miles asked.

"Of course. I love spending time with you." I nodded. "Why?"

"I was wondering... if you want to, of course... if you wanted to be m-my girlfriend?" Miles said nervously.

I smiled, practically awing at how nervous Miles was. "If you want to, I would absolutely be your girlfriend." I held his hand across the table.

He took my hand and kissed it, smiling. I blushed lightly, pulling my hand away to finish the rest of my treat. We finished at the same time and walked outside. He hugged me, the same warm feeling returning. I didn't want him to pull away, because it got rid of the warmth.

"See you tomorrow, sunflower," Miles breathed.

"Is that going to be your endearing nickname for me?" I teased.

"Always," Miles replied.

I shook my head as I walked away, wanting to swing home but my web shooters were in my backpack. My parents didn't even notice me when I got home. Things were probably going to go back to normal.

Hopefully.