Chapter 12- Starlight Picnic

I shivered as I climbed through the window to our dorm. It was much colder in our dorm, but for some reason, both of us liked it that way. I looked around. Gwen left a note on her bed.

Going out for the night, hope it went well. Be there when you wake up tomorrow morning.

-GS

I smiled as I grabbed a jacket, throwing it on without any second thoughts. I sat in our window seat, looking out the window while playing on my phone. Maybe that would pass the time.

A knock on the door startled me. "I'm looking for a sunflower?"

I smiled and walked over to the door, opening it. Miles was standing in the doorway, smiling. He was wearing a blue jacket over a red jacket. He had slight paint on his hands.

I grabbed his hands. "Spray painting?"

Miles rolled his eyes. "Went out with Uncle Aaron for a bit. School's been stressing me out."

"All the peer pressure," I agreed. "Are we going somewhere?"

Miles held up a bag. "Somewhere."

He led me up to the roof of the dorms, and we sat on the ledge. Miles set an assortment of snacks between us, making me smile. He planned this so we could take a break from school, from everything. How did I get so lucky?

I moved the treats aside after we finished and cuddled close to him. He wrapped an arm around me protectively. I laid my head on his shoulder, enjoying the warmth and comfort.

"How did you plan all of this?" I asked.

"We were both stressed. I noticed in class. Whenever the teacher would assign something, you would slump. And you looked half-dead in the mornings. I figured we both needed it," Miles explained. "Do you like it?"

"I love it. I've never done this without needing to do something else at the same time." I smiled. "I usually came out here when I had to do homework, and that never usually lasted more than five minutes because I loved looking at the stars. This is amazing, for once in my life."

Miles chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "You're wearing my hoodie that I gave you."

I moved my head to his lap. He twirled a strand of hair around his finger. "Your point?" I questioned, knowing he loved it.

"You look cute," Miles teased.

I pouted. "I'm not cute."

"You are, princesa." Miles braided my hair as he said it.

I blushed, but hid it as I continued to look out at the city. He turned me over so I was looking straight up and I looked at him. I sat up slightly and kissed him sweetly. He smiled into the kiss. I almost felt like sparking, but I buried my powers into myself. I didn't want him to know just yet.

"You're so beautiful," Miles said dreamily as I turned over to have my back to him.

"You're not so bad yourself," I teased. "I can smell the spray paint."

"I'll show you my masterpiece soon," Miles assured me.

I yawned as Miles messed with my hair. "Where's your other hair tie?"

"How'd you know I have another one?" I questioned as I handed it to him, suppressing another yawn.

Miles fiddled with my hair. "Just in case the first one breaks."

"What'd you do?" I asked, reaching back to try and touch it.

"Not yet," Miles lightly scolded and smacked my hand away.

I pouted. "You're mean."

"I'm surprising you. And you know I love you," Miles corrected me.

"I do. And I love you too," I assured him. "Nothing is going to make me not love you."

"Done," Miles said simply, letting go of my hair.

"How did you do this, and how are you better than me at doing my hair?" I questioned, reaching my hand back. He had braided my hair into pigtails.

"It's very easy when I watch my mom," Miles explained.

"I'm asking you to do my hair all the time now," I teased.

"You better. Your hair is very soft." Miles played with the ends of the braid.

"I'm so lucky to have you as my boyfriend," I said lazily, yawning afterward.

"Let's get you back to your dorm. It's already ten." Miles picked me up and carried me as he walked.

I helped onto him tightly around his neck as I yelped in surprise. He chuckled as he opened the door, setting me down on the bottom bunk. I pouted as he pulled a blanket over me. He gave me a simple kiss, which made me smile slightly.

Miles walked over to the door. "Get some sleep, sweetheart."

"I will," I mumbled as I fell asleep and heard the door shut.