Chapter 17- Miles's Loss

The doorbell rang. Doc Ock threw the door open.

"Oh, great. It's Liv," Grandaunt May groaned.

"Get out of here. Both of you," Peter hissed at Miles and me.

"You messed up big time, kid. Very sloppy," the man said as Scorpion spoke Spanish.

"Let me guess. You're Scorpion? Well we're the Spider gang," Peter said unsurely.

Grandaunt May motioned to the door calmly. "Would you mind taking this outside?"

"We don't pick the ballroom, we just dance," Noir threatened.

Doc Ock looked at the goober on a necklace. "Ooh, I'll be taking that."

Doc Ock started to fight me, making me smile and put me into my fighting mindset.

"You seem to forget the last time I fought you, Olivia. I see that black eye healed up nicely," I said as I webbed her claw so it stuck together.

"Be thankful that this is going to be the last time you're going to fight me, because you'll be dead!" Doc Ock used a claw to grab my throat and pinned me against the wall.

"Leave her alone!" AJ helped the claw off of me and punched Olivia in the jaw. "Go!" She motioned to the hole in the wall.

"I'm not leaving you!" I said, looking over at Miles and at AJ.

After everything was literally moved outside, I heard a gunshot and looked at the house. My eyes widened when I saw Kingpin and my anger grew. He looked at me and shot at me. It grazed my right shoulder, making me wince in pain. It cut through my suit and my skin, making it bleed.

"Get out!" Peter yelled at me.

I ran off only to find Miles. I immediately heard loud crashes coming from his dorm. He kept going, even though I knew he saw me. I grabbed his hands and held them, knowing it was going to hurt him later if he roughed up his dorm. He tried to fight back, to make me let go, but I wouldn't.

Finally, he fell against me with sobs and I let go, wrapping my arms around him instead. I managed to remove my mask and kiss his shoulder. Tears stained my suit, but I didn't care. All I cared about was he was safe in my arms. I knew what happened before Kingpin shot me. He needed us to be there for him.

"I'm sorry, mami," Miles sobbed.

That was a new nickname, I thought. "Oh, God, you're bleeding." Miles let go of me and grabbed a first aid kit he kept in his dorm.

I didn't realize it at first, only caring about Miles and neglecting myself. He wrapped my arm in bandages after disinfecting the area. He did it through held tears, but he smacked my hand away every time I tried to take the disinfectant away from Miles. He fell forward once he was done, resting his head on my shoulder as I took his hands.

The others joined us. I pulled away from him as AJ walked up next to me.

Her eyes widened at the bandages. "Are you okay?"

"A little graze can't compare to a bullet lodged in you, can it?" I questioned.

"I wouldn't know." AJ shrugged as I smiled.

"We've all been there," Peter said, making all of us nod. "You know for me... for me it was my Uncle Ben."

"Grandaunt May," AJ mumbled.

"For me, it was my Uncle Benjamin," Noir added.

"For me, it was my father." Penny's eyes watered animatedly.

"For me, it was my best friend," Gwen mumbled.

Ham sniffed. "Miles, the hardest part about this job is... you can't always save everybody."