Chapter 20- Together

"Not so easy doing it by yourselves, is it?" Kingpin questioned. "I can't wait to kill another Spiderman. And, finally, Spiderwoman."

A woman glitched into the train and the three of us froze. I couldn't make out the words, but it sounded like he was pleading them. Who was she? I read his face. Obviously someone close to him, or else he wouldn't look so betrayed.

We made it out of the train and escaped his grasp. He was mad now. Really mad. "You're not stopping this. Not today!"

"We are stopping this!" I yelled.

"Right now!" Miles added.

We charged at him, dodging the things coming at us. He headbutted both of us and we groaned in pain. He threw a cab car at us, but we dodged it barely. We fell, fighting each other and landing on the bridge. I looked up and saw the capsule. We're almost there.

"The real Spider-Man couldn't even beat me. You're nothing!" Kingpin threw him to the ground.

"Leave him-" I was cut off by him grabbing me.

"And you? You've fought me so many times before, yet you couldn't even fight me because you're too weak," he taunted. "You two took my family. And now, I'm gonna make sure you never see yours, or each other, again."

He punched us both in the gut, making me collapse. I opened my eyes, feeling the intense pain coursing through my body. I winced as I tried to move. There was a man's voice pounding through my head. I didn't know whose it was.

We both got up and kneeled slightly. Miles took my hand encouragingly.

"We'll always have each other, and our families," Miles said. "Ever heard of the shoulder touch?"

"What?" he questioned dumbly.

Miles and I put our hands on his shoulders, powering up our strike. "Hey," Miles said simply.

We zapped him, electrocuting him away from us. We webbed him and swung him toward the capsule. He hit the capsules and the collider froze for a moment. Like it was waiting to be closed.

We swung up to the ceiling and watched as everything was sucked into the portal. We held hands cautiously as we saw a multiverse through our eyes. We were awed by it until it tried to suck us in as well.

"Hang on!" Miles yelled, holding onto the ceiling tightly and holding me close to him.

It all froze and blew up. Miles shielded me from the impact as I held onto him tightly. It stopped and we were panting. We heard a man coughing and decided to make our escape.

As Miles talked on the phone with his dad, I stood at the opposite end and looked down at the city. It was ours to protect now. We were standing between it. And we weren't going to let this city go to pieces any time soon.

"And look behind you!" Miles shouted down in the streets.

I smiled when Kingpin was shown hung up. I dropped down into the streets below and people cheered for Miles and me. We fist-bumped. People loved us. I shook hands with some, keeping some distance between us. Making sure we weren't looked at as a couple just yet.

"C'mon, mami," Miles whispered in my ear.

"Let's go," I said and we both swung away.

Miles and I saved the city. Spiderman and Spiderwoman saved the city. With the help of our friends, we got better. We were going to get better. But we were the ones wearing the masks. The barricade standing between destruction and the city. Holding hands, never letting go.