Chapter 6- Movie Date

Mom insisted on buying me a couple new outfits for the movie date. I chose a red flannel that tied around my ribcage with a white tank top underneath and black leggings. I placed my white converse next to my outfit as I got ready for school.

I wore jeans and a rock band t-shirt, my black sneakers matching the black of my hair. I slung my backpack over my shoulder, running out the door. Putting my headphones on, I blasted my music through them. I made it five minutes early.

Miles had a counselor meeting, so I barely saw him throughout the day. It felt odd. He didn't even have time to hug me goodbye before we walked home or got on the bus. Instead, he sent me a text saying he wished he could and said I could go home and get ready.

As I got ready, I blasted Lady Gaga and Little Mix. Everything had to be perfect. I straightened my dark hair so it didn't friz up throughout the night, and put on minimal makeup so he didn't notice it right away.

I put on my headphones as Mom and Dad drove me to the theater. They were planning to go on a date as well. We arrived, and I quickly got out before they drove away. I walked through the doors and tucked my headphones into a small bag I brought with me.

Miles approached me. "There you are."

I hugged him affectionately and pulled away after a moment, reminding myself that we were in public. "Are we going to see this movie or what?"

Miles chuckled. "Alright, alright."

The movie was awesome. I was very into fantasy movies, along with some supernatural twist that they add. The kid raised a man from the dead! How could I not love the movie?

"What'd you think?" Miles asked, sneakily holding my hand as we walked out of the theater.

"Adding it to my favorite movies. It was awesome." I nodded in approval. "What'd you think?"

"I thought it was funny when I heard you squeal when the zombie showed up." Miles imitated a zombie by holding out his arms.

"Says the guy who flinched almost half of the movie," I retorted.

"Ouch." Miles placed a hand over his heart, pretending to be offended.

We walked outside, and a chill swept over me. I shivered as Miles took off his jacket, noticing. It was a jean jacket hoodie that was two sizes bigger than I was. I shook my head after he held it out to me. He sighed frustratedly and draped it over my shoulders. I slipped my arms through the sleeves defeatedly.

"You're uncle's going to be here in a few minutes," I protested.

"I don't care. I have others." Miles took my hand and squeezed it lightly. "You could keep it and wear it for comfort for all I care."

"I'll hold you to that," I joked.

Miles hugged me, making me smile. We stayed like that for a moment before we heard a honk. I pulled away out of reflex and saw that a man was getting out of a car. Miles sighed, hanging his head and it coincidentally landing on my shoulder.

"Know him?" I asked, concerned as the man walked over.

"I'm his uncle. Aaron Morales." The man held out his hand.

"(Y/n). Nice to meet you." I smiled, shaking his hand. "I gotta get home. See ya, Miles." I hugged him quickly.

"See ya, sunflower," Miles whispered before I pulled away.

I blushed and my mind froze for a moment, then smiled and walked away down the sidewalk. I heard Aaron talking to Miles, before I heard a loud, "Uncle!" from Miles. I shook my head at him before running down the street home.