VI. IF SINO SANDWICH, WHY NOT EDIBLE?

Chapter Six: IF SINO SANDWICH, WHY NOT EDIBLE?

~~~

"Yes!"

"This is going to be so much fun!"

"Oh, man, I'm driving!"

"We get to drive gyrospheres?" Darius asked, smiling widely.

The jeep had stopped in a large grass field next to three gyrospheres. The sky was filled with grey clouds, but Dave reassured everyone the storm had passed them. Eva jumped off the end of the truck bed, pulling her jean jacket closer around her body.

"Saddle up, dudes and dudettes," Dave said, clipboard back in hand as he slapped the front of one of the gyrospheres. "We're going on a cattle drive, but with dinosaurs! It's a dino drive!"

Roxie handed out earpieces to each of the campers.

Eva looked around at all the gyrospheres, noting that one of them had three seats. She took it upon herself to jump in the middle, back seat of the slightly bigger three seater, in hopes that the two people she ended up with would be fun to hang out with. Something about sitting in a two seater with just one other person sounded so unbelievably awkward to her, she wanted nothing to do with it.

The seat to her left shifted, and she gave a small wave to Yasmina as she climbed into the gyrosphere.

Okay... so one of the teens she was stuck with in the gyrosphere was the Track Star. Yeah, Yasmina genuinely scared Eva. She seemed nice, but she also appeared quite hardcore about track, which wasn't something Eva could entirely get behind. She participated in cross country in the off season of her sport, but that didn't mean she enjoyed it. But Yasmina? Man, she was serious about running as a sport— what Eva considered punishment in her sport was fun to Yasmina.

"This is gonna be so sick," Yasmina said.

The gyrosphere creaked slightly again as the other side's door opened smoothly, revealing Sammy.

"Right?"

Oh god.

No problems with Sammy, but at times she was a bit... much. Like, she was a lot— and nothing like Eva's friends at Rutherford. But maybe people in Texas are really that much more friendly than those in New York.

"Now we're in a shell together," She continued. "A shell for three. Glad we got you too, Eva."

"Yay..." Yasmina said. Eva felt the same.

"Everyone!" Dave yelled, "Seat belts at all times!"

She watched him quietly talk to Darius in front of their gyrosphere. Whatever he said, Darius ended up looking dejected, slowly stalking over to the gyrosphere beside Eva's, which Brooklynn was sitting in.

"Alrighty campers!" Dave said into their earpieces as the jeep pulled forward, in front of the gyrospheres.

"The headsets are for emergencies," Roxie said. "You can always reach us on channel six!"

"Let the herding begin!"

Yasmina, hand on the joystick, shot their gyrosphere forward.

Jimmy Fallon's voice became an oddly soothing background noise as their gyrosphere raced alongside the dinosaurs. Yasmina led them next to a brachiosaurus, its footfalls rumbling the ground. Eva's gaze fell on two parasaurolophuses that were matching the gyrospheres speed. She grinned, her eyes glossed in amazement, her mouth slightly ajar.