LXVI. Holland Roden is a Total Babe

Chapter Sixty Six:  Holland Roden is a Total Babe

~~~

Ben's figure became a blip in the night, a little ball of fire bouncing between the shrubs.

The campers took off after him and the tiger, though Eva had no idea what their plan was.

Ben slipped, falling down another ravine, and the saber toothed tiger fell after him.

The campers continued to follow the fire, though they were running over the surface, while Ben and the tiger were still down in the ravine. Eva banked on the fact that Ben hadn't screamed yet, which meant he was still alive.

Kenji pushed past Eva, running ahead. He kicked some rocks over the edge as he located Ben, then before Eva could protest, he jumped over the edge.

Eva soaked in a choking breath, feeling as though she was drowning all over again, for the millionth time.

"Wait!" Darius shouted, looking around before his gaze fell on a large rock. "Guys, we can leverage that—" he pointed to the rock.

"Like, get it to fall into the ravine?" Sammy asked.

"We just need a stick, o-o-o-o-o-or—"

"Got it!" Yaz shouted, running over with a large branch. She stuffed the bottom underneath the rock, and they all got ready to push the boulder in as Brooklynn went a few dozen feet away, working as their eyes.

Eva picked up a bunch of small baseball sized rocks, running them over to the others.

"Almost... Now!" Brooklynn shouted.

The boulder slid off the top of the cliff, landing in the ravine below. Eva picked up a couple of her baseball rocks, and began chucking them at the tiger.

Sammy, Yasmina and Darius followed suit.

"Hey!"

"Get away!"

"Don't make me come down there and beat yo ass!" Eva yelled, continuing to throw rocks at the saber toothed tiger.

Eva led the way to the front of the ravine, where a steep hill met the bottom. Kenji and Ben ran through, meeting the campers at the bottom.

"Oh, you dumbasses! What were you thinking?" Brooklynn asked, pulling Ben into a hug.

"Thinking? That didn't play a huge part in it," Kenji snickered.

"With you, it never does," Eva rebutted.

The campers all laughed, until Ben turned away from them, a crestfallen look on his features.

"Ben? What's wrong?"

"It's just that... I worked so hard to not be Scared Ben anymore. But the minute we leave Nublar, I'm right back to square one. Freaking out with the berries. Freaking out about the tiger."

Sammy stepped forward. "Which is the reason we're all alive right now. If you didn't warn us..."

"Yeah, well, at least Scared Ben is good for something."

"Hey, Pity Party of One, you also jumped into a cave with a tiger to get it to stop chasing your friends," Yaz said.

"A saber toothed tiger! Pretty sick, dude."