LV. If I Die

Chapter Fifty Five:  If I Die

~~~

"Darius isn't back yet. We still have time."

Eva jumped, turning back to glare at Bumpy, who had stuck her head into the gate of the fence, and was bellowing at Ben.

"All right, we still need food and water. A-a-and I guess some bushes and junk for Bumper Car?"

The walkie on Kenji's waistband crackled to life, and Darius's voice came through, panicked. "Kenji!"

Kenji nonchalantly picked up the radio, leaning against the ladder. "Uh, that's Captain Kenji to you. You were the one that wanted to use code names."

"Hey, we have to get outta here, right now!"

"What? What do you—?"

Brooklynn's voice came through, next. "There's another hybrid dinosaur!"

"Like the indominus, but worse!" Sammy shouted.

"H-how? I don't understand—"

"There's no time!"

"Grab the supplies and meet us at the boat," Darius instructed.

Uh oh.

"About the supplies..."

"Ugh, Kenji!"

Kenji paced nervously. "I was too busy handling things."

"We need that stuff!"

"I- I know. I got this..." Kenji turned to face Ben, Yasmina and Eva. "Yaz will go ahead to the boat and get it ready for launch. Ben, Eva and I will pack up the essentials—"

What? Eva mouthed at him. Surely sending her with Yaz to the boat would be useful, would it not?

Kenji shook his head at her. "Darius, Brooklynn, Sammy, swing by camp and help us carry everything."

"Copy that. See you soon."

"Why do I—"

His hand wrapped around her wrist, and he quickly pushed her towards the ladder. "Up, up."

"Ugh, fine," she mumbled as she hauled herself up to the top.

Lightning flashed overhead, lighting up the sky.

Eva jumped, looking around wildly. There was another hybrid dinosaur on the island with them?

"Another hybrid dinosaur?" Eva whispered.

"Keep packing," Kenji instructed.

"But—"

Kenji's voice softened, "Keep packing, Angel. We'll be fine."

Eva nodded, and as soon as she was done fitting food and bottled waters into her suitcase, she dropped it beside the table and began helping Kenji pack Dave's duffle, and the other Jurassic World bags they found in their time on the island.

"We're here! What can we do?" Darius shouted as he, Sammy and Brooklynn busted through the fence.

"Here!" Ben shouted as he headed to the slide, pushing the water jug down it.