XXXIV. Disappointed in You

Chapter Thirty Four:  Disappointed in You

~~~

"Sweet blooded and I'm stranded, see if I can stand it, drinkin' in the shallow water," Eva mumbled, rubbing soap down her legs. "Magnetic everything about you, you really got me now." She raised her voice, singing loudly, "♪ You do it to me so well, hypnotic, takin' over me."

"Oi!" Kenji shouted from outside. "Hurry your ass up!"

"Oh my god, shut up!" Eva complained, instinctively flipping him off, but due to the shower curtain, she just looked stupid.

"I wanna shower!"

"Quit being a baby," she snapped, going back to her shower.

She hated the cold water, the water pressure, and how the only thing separating her from a bunch of people was one shower curtain, but when you're surviving on an island stranded with a bunch of people, the shower is kind of the only place you can be alone.

It's why she liked her secret shower so much. It was a place made just for her; a place where she didn't have to worry about annoying her friends, a place where she could revel in her time alone. But that didn't mean she could stop showering at Camp Cretaceous all together— which would definitely raise suspicion.

"I swear to God, Eva—"

"Do it. Swear. Cause while you're praying, I'll be standing here, enjoying my shower."

"You're unbelievable."

"Only for you," she grinned, shampoo meeting her hair.

~~~

Eva stepped closer to Kenji, her nose flaring. "Do you know how hard it is to sell study drugs with the entire faculty breathing down your neck?!"

"How the fuck is that my fault?!" he shouted back.

They were back to fighting, much to the other campers' dismay. The others had learned to block it out for the most part, so when Eva and Kenji began yelling at one another, they went on with whatever they were doing to keep from going crazy.

"How is it your fault?" Eva threw her head back, and laughed. "If it wasn't for your stupid little car prank, I wouldn't be under constant supervision for something I didn't fucking do!"

"Car prank," Kenji muttered. His gaze fell to the ground, then to the shower, the table, the jungle. "Car prank," he repeated. And then his eyes lit up, as if he was experiencing an epiphany.

She scoffed, turning on her heel, heading for the slide to the ground. Kenji threw out his hands, his fingers curling around her upper arm, turning her to face him. "Let go," she growled, unwavering.

Kenji immediately let go of her, but held onto his smile. "Good news! I wasn't there!"

"Yeah, right. I very well remember you and your friends laughing your asses off when I got called out of practice!"

"I wasn't there! I wasn't there! I wasn't there! Okay, I was there at practice, but I wasn't there that morning! I had a dentist appointment at like, eight in the fucking morning! I remember, because I got picked up the night before because Viola knew I wouldn't wake up that early and to just sleep in the car! Viola is one of my dad's assistants," he rambled.