XVII. Inclusive Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Chapter Seventeen: Inclusive Dr. Doofenshmirtz

~~~

"Eva! Eva?!" Kenji shook the girl's shoulders, but her body was limp in her arms. "Guys, she's fucking dead!"

"What?!" Everyone screamed.

"Not dead! Just, uhh! Passed out!"

Yaz panted, "Well, what do we do with her?!"

"Kenji, you have to carry her!" Darius said.

"Oh my god, oh my god," He muttered as he picked her up, slinging her over his shoulder. He stood, looking back in the direction of the latest dinosaur that was chasing them. Bushes rustled as the dinosaur sprung out of them. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!"

They took off through the jungle again.

"Run, run, run!"

"Is the parasaurolophus still there?" Brooklynn panted. She was on Yaz's left, and Sammy was on her right. They were slow, but Kenji was slower. Beads of sweat lined his forehead, and he was starting to panic. Carrying a passed out girl in his arms whilst running from dinosaurs was not what he would call a good time.

He looked over his shoulder— the one Eva wasn't over— to see the T-Rex cutting through the jungle, running the parasaurolophus off course.

"Ah! Not anymore!" Kenji cried.

Darius pointed to a large fallen tree and yelled, "Over there! Cover!"

Darius army crawled underneath the bottom. Sammy, Yasmina and Brooklynn climbed over the top, and Kenji ran around the side. He stopped short, Darius on one end and Eva in his lap as they huddled together.

The T-Rex killed the parasaurolophus, the sound of its bones crunching filling the air.

Darius peered over the top of the tree at the sound of receding footsteps. "They're gone."

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around?" Kenji asked, falling backwards. He extended his legs and carefully moved Eva to the ground.

Brooklynn fell forward into the grass. "Well it's either your boyish charm, or the fact that all the fences on the island are down."

"No offense, but it's definitely option two," Sammy said.

"I don't even care. Right now, I just want a sandwich," Yasmina said. "We haven't eaten since we had those awful carob bars that Ben..." she paused, her breath catching. "I..."

Darius hugged his knees close.

Nearby, a dinosaur roared.

The campers gasped, then groaned.

"We just need to eat and rest."

Everyone got to their feet, including Kenji. He carefully hooked one arm under Eva's legs and another under her upper back.

"I can't keep running like this," Sammy sighed.

"Yeah," Kenji agreed, "Eva's getting heavy."

"Kenji!" Brooklynn scolded.

"What? She's like five-eight and all muscle. If anything, it's a compliment."

Darius gasped. "We don't have to. There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and food, and everything else. Come on!"