LXXIII. Screaming Spinosaurus

Chapter Seventy Three:  Screaming Spinosaurus

~~~

"What is going on around here?!" Kash snapped to no one in particular. Something beeped and he sighed. "Perfect. I'm gonna miss my check-in with the big guy. Go back and get my phone!"

"Oh no."

The trio crept back to the compound, hiding behind a tree watching two BRADs scan the area.

"No way we get past them," Kenji said.

"What about Darius and Yaz?" Eva asked.

"If anyone can think of something, it's them."

Eva nodded, distracted as she watched the drones bounce back and forth, before disappearing from the sides and reappearing in the middle, cutting off Pierce from Big Eatie.

A BRAD clanged over, Kenji pulling Eva back into the jungle before she could watch anymore. They circled around, meeting back up with Yaz, Sammy and Ben. .

"What's going on? Why isn't Darius stopping this?" Sammy asked.

"There was a bunch of BRADs. We had to take cover," Kenji said.

"We lost sight of Kash," Brooklynn added.

"That means he could be in there with Darius!"

Big Eatie and Pierce continued to roar, Big Eatie going into bite the kentrosaurus when he swung his tail, nailing the T. Rex in the head. They circled each other and Pierce swung his tail, one of his spikes embedding in Big Eatie's side.

"What can we do?" Sammy whispered. "Big Eatie and Pierce are gonna kill each other."

The sound of a drone flying overhead caught Eva's attention, and she watched as it reconnected with the other drones.

"The drones are forcing them together," Eva realized. "Split up. We need to knock them out of the sky so Pierce can get away."

Eva grabbed handfuls of rocks, then dashed to Ben and Yasmina's sides. "How are your guys' throwing arms?"

She took her first rock, throwing it at the closest drone. It collided perfectly, knocking the drone to the ground. Yasmina and Ben turned to look at her, confused.

"Three years softball, seven years lacrosse."

"Wow, I wish I did any sports before coming here," Ben admitted.

Across the yard, Eva watched Kenji knock down a second drone.

Eva tossed a rock in her hand, preparing to take down a third when Big Eatie snapped down on Pierce, her jaws clamping around his body before throwing him to the ground. Eva froze in fear, dropping all her rocks.

Big Eatie roared, going down on the kentrosaurus when the drones cut in, cutting off Big Eatie from Pierce. Big Eatie was backed onto a metal rectangle, where two BRADs ran in and released knock out gas.

Everyone sighed in relief.

~~~

"Look."

Kash left the building with two BRADs and Darius by his side.

"At least he's alive?" Sammy said.

"For now."

The campers stayed in the jungle, but moved closer to Darius and Big Eatie. The metal platform they were on began lowering, Darius and Kash disappearing from view.