LXXXV. I Kissed Him

Chapter Eighty Five:  I Kissed Him

~~~

"We're gonna go look for phones," Yasmina announced. "Let us know when you get into Kash's computer."

"You won't find one," Brooklynn said with a shrug as she took a seat at the desk. "Mr. Kon is as smart as he is evil. That's how he has Kenji fooled."

"I don't know, Brooklynn," Sammy said, fingers tangled in her hair. "Mr. Kon is a bad guy, but it's not like he forced Kenji to say all that stuff. About how we're not family..."

"No, but... Got it!"

The campers crowded around Brooklynn to check out the drone system.

"Knew you could do it, B," Eva grinned.

Sammy picked up the tablet, looking it over. "Darius says the Eaties are still acting weird. He's trailing them."

"Great." Yaz crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Add that to the list of things we don't know, like, 'what do we do now?' and 'are we already too late to stop the Kons?'"

Brooklynn began typing on the keyboard again, before gasping. "What? Check it out. Remember the distress beacon we sent out from Nublar? Mantah Corp received it, and Kon didn't do anything about it."

"If the EDB signal reached all the way here, shouldn't it work both ways?" Sammy questioned.

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"There was a drone on Nublar!" Sammy announced excitedly. "That's how I sent my spy stuff to Mantah Corp! ... Probably didn't need to say that as excited as it sounded..."

"So if it's still there..."

"We might be able to control it from here," Eva finished.

"It's worth a shot." Brooklynn went back to typing away on the keyboard, her fingers flying. "If we can expand the search area..."

The screen changed to a loading screen, before showing a map of Isla Nublar and a little red dot in the middle of the map: the drone.

Brooklynn hit a button, and a video screen came up, showing the drone resting in the grass. She got it working, and soon has it flying over the island in search of Kenji and his father.

It didn't take long to zone in on them. Brooklynn pointed the drone at Kenji, where he had a controller in hand with Toro behind him. He pressed a button on the controller and Toro roared, scaring off the two stegosauruses that were blocking their path.

"Excellent work, son."

Eva's jaw dropped in shock as she stared at the screen.

"I, I don't believe it..."

"At least we know Mae is okay," Ben said.

"But why is she there? What does he have on her?" Yaz asked the real questions.

"I gave Molina the go ahead..."

"Shh! Mr Kon is talking!" Sammy interrupted, shushing them all.

"...To get in touch with BioSyn. We're going to do great things together, son."

"Sweet!"

Eva left. Before she could watch anymore, she left. Someone was hot on her heels, following her into a small work area filled with desks, bookshelves, and a small seating area.