XXXII. I Hate You Too

Chapter Thirty Two: I Hate You Too

~~~

"So..." Ben said.

"Hm?"

"What?"

"Kenji and Eva working together, guess Bumpster and I really did miss a lot."

"Shut up," they snapped, simultaneously.

Eva glared at Kenji, only to see him already glaring in her direction.

When they reached the garage, Kenji went for the quad bike while Eva went for the keys. She pulled the keys to the quad bike and the rover from the key box next to a side door.

As she approached the quad bike, she noted Kenji looking around, pouting. Eva jingled the keys, and his head snapped to her. He reached out his hand, doing the grabby motion. Instead of abiding, she withdrew her hand.

"No."

"I want the quad."

Kenji shook his head. "First come first serve."

"But do you have the keys?"

"Two days of no fighting?" Eva drew back her head, cackling in laughter. "Fine. Then get down on your knees and beg."

At this, Eva laughed harder.

"Guys—" Ben tried, but to no avail.

"Those are your two options, or you're giving me the keys."

"Yeah, I'm not doing either of those."

"We should really be hurrying—"

Kenji stood quickly and approached her. Eva backed up, a smile on her face.

"Give me the keys Evange— Angel."

Eva scrunched up her face. "Ugh, that's worse than Evangeline!"

Kenji smirked as he reached for the keys. "Angel," he taunted.

"Shut up!"

"Angel—"

Eva ran to the left. She pulled her shirt forward and dropped the quad keys into her bra just as Kenji's hand wrapped around her upper arm.

"Is this flirting, Bumpy?"

"Well, fuck— that's just cheating, Angel. You know I can't touch those."

Kenji dropped his hand.

"Stop calling me Angel," Eva snapped, but she couldn't stop smiling. "Why do you think I hid the keys there?"

Kenji made grabby hands again, and Eva calmly dropped the rover keys into his hand. "You're the worst."

"I get that a lot."

Kenji grumbled as he turned away, heading for the rover. Eva smirked triumphantly as she pulled the quad keys from her bra and sat down. Starting up the bike, she looked to Kenji, who immediately flipped her off.

Eva pointed down a few times, and Kenji reached over to roll down the window. "You should go for Dave's mixtape. Hook it up to the radio—"

"More noise," he finished. "You got that, Ben?"

"We'll follow behind!" he shouted back.

The rover turned on, but didn't move. Eva raised her eyebrows, watching Kenji.